When will he smile?

A

aob1013

Hi girls,

Leni is 9 weeks old (3 weeks corrected age) and still isn't smiling. Is this normal for preemies? x

Developmental milestones are based on their corrected age so not smiling at 3 weeks is fine. Couple more weeks you will probably be getting loads of smiles.

Gaby smiled at 14 weeks, but not a lot until 18 weeks (12 weeks corrected) and didn't giggle until she was 5 months. Can't stop her now though!

Have patience, its magic when it happens!

Sophie was around 3-4 weeks corrected when she first smiled but it wasn't often at that stage. It will happen soon, as 25 weeker said, developmental milestones are based on their corrected age xx

Millie was WELL after her corrected age for smiling. I can't remember exactly how late she was but I know I really had my knickers in a twist about it! Her due date was Nov 6th and I reckon it was around mid Feb when we got our first real smile.
I remember being at my doctor who knew all about Millie's prematurity and he asked me how she was and how I was doing.....and the flood gates opened and befpre I knew it I was crying my eyes out, all because I so worried about it! I know how stressful it is to be waiting and waiting to get something back for all those raspberries you blow and funny faces you pull, wondering if it is 'normal' to have to wait. But honestly, as others have said, the smile will come, maybe a little later than even their corrected age, but when it does it will be worth the wait! :thumbup:

Alex is well after 3 weeks, i say try 10 corrected!
And i think you all know how smiley she is! :)

Leo is almost 15 weeks old (3 weeks today, corrected) and we haven't had a smile yet. The consultant told me around 6 weeks corrected, and the bloody HV is getting stressed about it already- but I'm not anymore! All in his own time :)

Think our babies were born about the same gestation?

Chloe didn't smile until she was about 11 weeks (so 6 corrected)

I was worrying about it too but now she smiles all the time at anyone and everyone! She has been giggling for about 6 weeks too.

x

Max was 3 weeks premature and didn't smile until 10 weeks old

Ella's only been really smiling in the last 3weeks, we had the odd coy smile for about a month but only when she would have been 8wks corrected have we had the beams

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->