• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When will my milk go?

LoveCakes

Reaction score
For various reasons I am now formula feeding and happy with my decision. My milk came in on day 3 and I fed until the end of day 5. My boobs are so full the milk literally ran down me and even now after 2 days no feeding they are so solid.

I know I could hand express but would this stimulate me to make more?

Hi, I didn't breast feed at all and was told under no circumstances I should hand express despite the discomfort as yes this stimulates to make more milk! My advice is get a tight fitting bra - take paracetamol and don't take the bra off unless you have too. About a week after giving birth mine were told fine. Xx

It only took a few days for mine to go down and the pain to go away (mine started Day 3 as well). I wore a tight bra and stuck freezable pads down into it, and then ignored my boobs until they calmed down. :haha:

It can take a while unfortunately. Last time it was a few weeks before my milk was totally gone. This time it's going faster--it came in at two days pp and it started waning about 5-6 days later. I'm 19 days pp now and my breasts are nearly back to normal. Still a few bumps though. Try to avoid having warm or hot water touch your breasts as this will only encourage milk production. Use ice packs and tight bras, as someone else said. Sudafed (pseudo ephedrine) helps dry it up (I think it helped me at least). And yes, if at all possible, try not to express any as it signals your body to make more milk!

Thanks everyone. It seemed to be worse when I bottle fed her myself but they're pretty much stopped leaking now (day 9) Weirdly the right one stopped even when the left on leaked right through a pad a my bra. It's nice to be able to hug without wincing now!

I'm still trying to go through my pre and during pregnancy bras to see what size I actually am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->