When will she start to swallow

Halle71

Pregnant with number 2!
Reaction score
Matilda is six months old and we've been weaning her for a couple of weeks. I started on purees but she wasn't interested in eating and kept grabbing the spoon, spraying it around and generally being a nuisance:laugh2:

So we're now doing baby led weaning.
She has had lots - pear, apple, melon, banana, broccoli, sweet potato, carrot, parsnip, pumpkin, cheese, yogurt, cucumber - and it always eager to get it in her mouth and chew it but always spits it out again.
Is this normal and if so, how long before she starts to actually eat anything?

It's still very early days for her hon. Some LOs swallow straight away and others don't for a few weeks, it's all normal and she will swallow when she's ready too. Pop into our sticky above for some support if you want! :hugs:

Thanks a lot Lu, I will.
I get lots of pleasure out of seeing her playing with the food and enjoying tastes but it gets a bit demoralising when nothing goes down - especially because she manages to make such a bloody mess!!

Yeah, the mess is frustrating when they're not eating anything! :lol: I think it helps to try to think of mealtimes as playtime rather than anything to do with food at the start, it takes alot of the pressure off :hugs: Have you read Gill Rapley's book? If not I'd really recommend it, it helps alot with trying to relax into it.

I know it is soo frustrating but perservere and it WILL happen! Till then...bibs...lots of them! :p

It took about 6 weeks for Ruby to start eating lots! :) I was very frustrated initially but it's all paying off now.

It took at least a month for Violet to start swallowing (on purpose) when we started BLW. Agree with Lu about getting the book if you haven't, will put so many worries to rest. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->