when will you be able to get excited next time?

Oooh I wonder if I'll get an extra one at 16 then too Mands? I must demand it of the MW at booking in - isn't that gender scan time too? Pukka.

You should do! I was told the following
  • Dating scan at 8 weeks
  • Nuchel (sp?) scan at 12 weeks
  • Reassurance scan at 16 weeks (this is when they'll check the spine etc)
  • Gender scan at 20 weeks (normal checks at 20 weeks)
  • Reassurance scan at 24 weeks (they'll double check the spine!)
But at 16 weeks I'm sure you can tell the sex so I'll probably find out then.

Hope the trial is going well! I've just had my 6 week urine check up! I hope you have a good night tonight. :hugs:

Wow, sounds like they're gonna spoil you rotten! Through my tears I asked if they'd keep more of an eye on me next time and they said no! Will have to kick off I think.

Trial is good, but HOW big are the Inositol???!

I lost my little girl at 8.5 months, and initially I thought I wouldn't be able to breathe until I delivered. Now... I don't know. I think I'll be happy. That whole "live every day as if it was your last" thing started hitting home after we lost her. I really enjoyed my first pregnancy (up till that nasty turn at the end), and I like that I can look back on it and know that we had an awesome 8 months together.

Your attitude is inspirational hun! I think you are so very brave! x x x x x

Only sometimes. But thank you, nonetheless. :hugs:

You're quite incredible yourself.

Through my tears I asked if they'd keep more of an eye on me next time and they said no!

That's HEARTLESS! :hugs: I'm SO SORRY they treated you that way! Is there any way you can find a different care provider? Someone who will understand and validate your concerns?

Well, Rubys specific defect isn't really diagnosable til 12w anyway, when I'd be having my dating and nuchal scan here. What I *am* concerned about is if next time it's not her skull that's affected, but her spine as with Mandi's princess Chloe (Ruby's and Chloe's illnesses were from the same group of defect). Spina Bifida would be harder to spot at 12w which is why I'll be asking for a 16w. I'll go private if I need to, it's not an issue. But would be disappointed if my NHS trust won't provide it considering we're both in the same position with NTD-affected pregnancies.

Sadly I don't have a choice of hospital round here, but will be fighting my corner. Interested to see whether I'll have MW-only care or shared with hospital. We'll find out when I get my BFP and book in, right? :)

I have no idea what I'll feel like. With my first pregnancy, it was unexpected (I wasn't TTC, totally unprepared). I was very upset about the whole thing, it took a while for me to wrap my head around it and start feeling okay about the whole thing. At 8 weeks I told most of my family and my DH's family. Then at 9.5 weeks I had the MC. I felt so stupid for telling everyone.

Now I'm at the point where I want a baby, but the circumstance don't feel "right". If I did get pregnant now, I would do everything I possibly could to make sure it was a good experience. I do believe I'd be nervous/worried at least until I made it past 10 weeks, but probably until 12 weeks. Also I don't think I'd tell so many people before 12 weeks.

i had 4 mcs before i had luisa with the help of blood thining drugs and pessary hormones...

as my issue seems to be wen the placenta takes over and the heart starts to beat... i will relax wen i see a heart beat... but wont fully relax =until he or she is here!!

I agree with most ladies on here. Once you have suffered a m/c it does take away the special feeling for next time. Always looking for symptoms of loss or compairing it to last time. I don't think i'll be able to relax till my 20 wk scan. The more times goes on the more i fear i've got to lose! xxx

I will be thrilled with my next :bfp: and then keen to get the bloods/scans out the way to confirm its not another ectopic. After that I will just try take each day as it comes and enjoy any time I get with my next baby.

Am sure I'll be excited about BFP again this time, though with a tinge of - lets wait and see what happens.

Last time I was scanned at 6 weeks and then 8+4 due to bleeding. Heartbeat seen on both but mmc diagnosed at 10 weeks (probably happened at 8+5. I've been offered a re-assurance scan at 8 weeks, but apart from telling me it's fine at that stage - I'll want to get past 10 weeks with no bleeding and then hope 12 week scan is ok. It definitely becomes even more of a milestone this time!

I'm not sure I will ever feel completely happy. Isabella died at 13 weeks for no known reason and although I am told that the odds of that happening are low it means that next time I won't enjoy pregnancy.

With Isabellas pregnancy it was directly after my 5 week loss so once I got past that I felt a bit better and definitely once we heard the heartbeat at 12 weeks I relaxed.

Next time I wont

Wow, sounds like they're gonna spoil you rotten! Through my tears I asked if they'd keep more of an eye on me next time and they said no! Will have to kick off I think.

Trial is good, but HOW big are the Inositol???!

That's so mean. I am being scanned at 6 weeks and then every 2 weeks until 14 weeks. After that they will reassess and tell me how often.

I think i will start to feel excited after the 12 week scan and when i reached the hallowed halls of 2nd tri as i have yet to make it there yet. I am really hoping its going to be 3rd time lucky for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->