when will you be able to get excited next time?

sparkle83

XLTTC: 10 yrs & counting!
Reaction score
hey, thought I'd start a new post for the new forum.

so far, we've had three early losses (between 5 and 8 weeks), and I was wondering if I'm the only one who wont be excited by the next positive test? I think it's all lost its shine a bit for me!

when will you be able to be excited?

I think we raced to get the first thread, posted both exactly at the same time!:haha: I think I will get excited at the sight of a heart beat, then the panicking will continue till birth!:haha:

I think ours will be the first successful scan with baby in place and a strong heartbeat. I'm definately getting one at 7 weeks :)

From what i have read on loss and subsequent pregnancies most women will find themselves relaxing a little after they pass the point in pregnancy when they lost their babies before.

Unfortunately for me, having experienced neo natal death, that meant no relief until i brought DD home from the hospital safely.

The innocence and excitement of early pregnancy has been cruelly snatched from me and I know that I will find any scan traumatic after this mmc but I HOPE that this has not ruined my excitement completely! I think once I have a healthy 12 week scan I will relax and although I'll worry I hope I can enjoy my next pregnancy xxx

I think for me to get past the first few weeks without any spotting will put my mind at rest, as well as an early scan if I can get one. Last time around doctor and midwife told me it was nothing to worry about unless red and cramping. Eventually I convinced them to have a scan at 11 weeks and there had been no growth beyond 6, had an ERPC a week later (on my wedding anniversary). I'm really hoping for a textbook pregnancy next time for all of us! X

Like Sausages, I experienced a neonatal loss, having had absolutely no problems until complications during labor, so although I will be excited to get a BFP, I will be nervous and apprehensive until my baby is safely in my arms.

For me it'l be past 9 weeks but def after the 12 week scan i'll then beable to relax. we had a mc at 9 weeks but didn't get a single positive on a urine test just a blood test, so when 2 months go we got preg again, i got 7 bfp's on urine tests, i then fort "this is it, its going to be okay" & got really excited but it ended in a chemical, so i'm not sure how i'm going to feel when we get preg again really..

I feel as if the innocence of it has been taken forever for me. I had an ectopic in Sept 09 and a MC in Jan 10 and now feel as if getting over one hurdle means there is another one on the way. I am a worrier at the best of times so I think I will always be worried. I will get excited at a scan HB and every milestone etc but ultimately the naive pregnant woman for me has gone-

I will be excited if we get another bfp but also apprehensive, scared and nervous too. We will definitely be asking for an early scan for reassurance purposes. I think that if we can get past the 12 week scan stage that will be a major turning point as thats when we found out about our mmc last time.

I don't think that next time I will fully be able to relax until I have a baby in my arms at the end of my pregnancy but I will give it a damn good try to be as stress free as possible throughout.

At least we will all be able to worry together, although sad situtations have bought us together, I find it very comforting to know that there are all you lovley ladies out there who will understand when I fall apart at the seams and need some support!:hugs:

I think I'll be excited and I'll cry alot no dount like I did last time BUT I will not believe I'm pregnant or that we are actually having a baby until I see a heartbeat and I'm past 12weeks. Seems a long way off right now.x

hi ladies, hope u dont mind me posting here
just wanted to say how sorry I am for all your losses, life can be so cruel sometimes.
i have no doubt you will all get ur sticky bean in the future, it may take a while but you will get there with hope and determination.
i have had 5 m/c's in the last 2 yrs and on pregnancy no 6.....so far all is going well but I will never really belive it until my baby is in my arms
:hugs: to you all and sticky baby dust ur way xxxx

I am really worried I won't be able to relax the whole pregnancy. I was always a bit paranoid with my MMC (early December 09). I think getting past the 12 week scan will let me relax a bit. I will definately go for a scan at around 8 weeks though for reassurance. I just really really long to be pregnant again. It is just hitting me what we have lost and this cycle is definately the hardest to cope with so far.

I was worried that I wouldn't be excited... but I don't think it will be a lack of excitement as much as an undertone of pensiveness. I'm pretty sure if I get past a scan where there is something other than an empty sac on the screen, I'll be pretty elated! :(

I would get excited but also scared on seeing a BFP (as it could mean pregnancy or relapse in my case)

The countdowns waiting for all the dreaded scans to find out what was happening from one week to the next would also be excruciating!!

& then there's all the other things which can go wrong along the way...

In short, I would never truly count on being a mum, until the day I finally have my own healthy baby in my arms.

No I dont think I will until I get pass 14 weeks becuase I expect to lose again to see if my treatment works (if that makes sense) !

Hi ladies,

'TTC after loss' section is already such a comfort - yay!!!

Having read your posts, all i can say is 'me too!'. Having our innocence taken away is so cruel. I hate the fact that we will be so nervous and also - what will people say when we tell them we are pregnant? They're hardly going to cartwheel, are they? We will get those sympathetic looks and arm squeezes again....

I imagine being thrilled and then petrified when i next get a BFP. I will wrap myself in cotton wool - not that it makes any difference - because what else can we do except wait?

I had thought i would be able to relax when i first feel the baby move - but I just heard a school friend lost her baby recently at 39 weeks. It sticks in your mind.

We are living abroad now and i think it'll mean we keep it quiet for longer (as our new friends don't know about the mmc, ttc or that i am hardly ever the 'designated driver'.) and i'm glad for that. I don't think i'll tell anyone except parents until wk14 or later.

I too want an early scan but have no idea what the system is like here, but we have a private medical here so i am hopeful that early scans will be on the cards, if not i will be raiding my piggy bank!!!

I've been thinking a lot about this in the last day or two. For me, it's also linked to telling people. (Not that I believe in jinxing or anything like that, it's all about who knows when it's gone wrong.) Will I be excited or nervous to tell people? Will that affect when I announce it?

I keep going from not wanting to tell a soul so that I don't have to share if it's bad news again. And then I think every day that it's good should be celebrated for what it is. I think either way I won't want to tell anyone until passed the 6-7 week mark as I m/c at 6+1 this time. I also hope to get an early scan, about 8 weeks for reassurance, and so I might decide after that if I want to tell.

As for being excited at the bfp, I think I will be. I know it doesn't mean it will be sticky so will be cautious and nervous, but then I felt like that after a couple of days of excitement this time too. I hope to be excited but I suppose it's one of those things you won't know until you get there. I always imagined I'd cry when I got my first ever bfp, but I didn't at all. So who knows :shrug: I just hope we all get to find out sooner rather than later :hugs:

I think I'll mostly be scared until I get some good "sign" like a heartbeat. I lost my tiny baby only a few days after my BFP, so I don't have experience with much else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->