When would you start counting your 2WW? Silly questions that need your help! Please!

AppleSeed

TTC #1 Since July 2008
Reaction score
Strong positive on my O stick on Oct 12th and maybe October 13th. (Days 29 and 30 of my cycle)
https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a114/princessappl/IMG_2908.jpg
https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a114/princessappl/IMG_2911.jpg
Today - line still there, but not positive - faded slightly.
https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a114/princessappl/IMG_2914.jpg
Just wondering when you would start counting for your 2WW? The first sign of positive O? Or when the positives were gone?
In your 2WW do you still have sex every other day just to make sure because you don't trust the pee sticks? Ha.
Do you continue to still use the pee sticks just in case you don't actually believe the O happened? Ha.
At what day past ovulation would be the soonest to get a :bfp: ?

i usually go with the date i have a raise from my temp chart as a opk can be positive but can indicate you will "O" in the next 24 hour up to 36 hours...
you don't temp Apple ?

When I did OPK's I always counted myself in the 2ww after 2 days. Since you can ovulate anywhere from 12-36 hours after the onset of the +opk, I always gave myself 2 days to cover. Good Luck!!

:dust:

i usually go with the date i have a raise from my temp chart as a opk can be positive but can indicate you will "O" in the next 24 hour up to 36 hours...
you don't temp Apple ?

Exactly. Until you get to know your body like clockwork, you really need a temp shift to confirm O. I'd highly recommend temping if I were you- this is my first month of it, and it's really helped me to learn a lot about my body. Good luck and :dust:!

Oops! Sorry- just noticed your FF chart in your siggy. TBH, it doesn't look like you've O'd yet. :( Are you temping at the same time every day before getting out of bed? You need a sustained thermal shift for 3 days before you are considered to have O'd- something about the progesterone level building up in your body after you O (progesterone raises your BBT.) I'd keep on testing and BD'ing if I were you- your body may have geared up to O but didn't for some reason.

That's what I was wondering too - I have been temping this cycle and haven't really seen the drastic change in temps. Every morning at 645am is my temp time. Before getting up. Its hard not to believe something isn't going on though - my BB's are SO sore. How much of a temp change would a person see? I am using degrees celcius.

Apple, I'm no expert, but I'm sure there have been cases before where women have ovulated without getting a thermal shift. I'm sure it's uncommon, but it's probably happened. Is this your first round of TTC? Did you just come off the pill or some other hormonal form of BC? I had sore BBs last cycle, but it was my first cycle off the pill, and I think that had a lot to do with it. Haven't had sore BBs at all this cycle.

This is not my first cycle off the BCP - off since July. But I have never had sore BB's like this before, just achy! And I am most certain that my body is still adjusting to coming off the BCP.

Hmm- well if you've already have several cycles off BCPs, and haven't experienced sore BBs before, then maybe it is a good sign for you! I will cross my fingers it is and you can begin your TWW! :)

Okay, now this forum has me confused too LOL This is our first month TTC, so I'm new on figuring this all out. And I don't think I'm doing a very good job. I don't temp yet. I've told myself if this cycle isn't it, I'll get a BBT and start temping for the next one.
So, my cycles have been pretty regular 28 days. Last month I started EXACTLY the day I was supposed to. So I did an online ovulation prediction, and it told me I should be ovulating around the 23rd or 24th of October. So I bought an OPK (being a newbie, thought I'd let something other than myself figure it out) and got a positive on the 23rd AND 24th.
So.....here we are a week later. Am I only 7 dpo then, and not 9 dpo like I was thinking? Eeeks! I wish there was a "Conception for Dummies" book LOL

Appleseed - where is your FF link in signature?

My nipples get extra sore after O (from the rush of progesterone I think), so maybe you have O'ed. You know FF won't mark down the O date until you have three days of high temperatures right? My temps did the slow rise thing this month. You can see as little as 2*F or 0.5*C (I think that's right, well the Fahrenheit is anyway). You can see what a slow rise might look like if you go to my chart*. Have you linked your chart?

*Mind you some women see even smaller incremental rises than mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->