When you get your first visit from AF after mc- is it normal?

new37

Reaction score
I m/c on Feb 23, it was 3 months but fetus was only as big as an 8wk old. Bleeding during the m/c lasted about 10 days and a couple days o f spotting. No bleeding for a while, a bit of bad cramps around 3 wks later with no blood. 1 week later, at 4 weeks post, had one evening of bleeding, thought it was AF but it only lasted a couple hours, maybe 2 tbsps of blood altogether. HCG is dropping but very slow, couple weeks ago 38, and still waiting to hear wht this week's result was. Urine preg is neg.

Couple days now - just after the 5 week mark, i've had two days brown blood/bleeding.... is this AF?

GOD i wish it is - i want this to be OVER!!!

I think it might be, I got mine 5 weeks after my mc, for me it was horrible and heavy and long :nope:. I hope yours isn't as bad :hugs:xxxxx

Sorry to hear about your loss. I know what you mean, that's how I felt when I had a mc at 10 weeks. I just wanted it to be over so I could move on. My hcg levels took 4 weeks before they dropped back to normal levels. However, my af appeared as normal after 3 weeks. Then I fell pregnant again that cycle but it ended in an early mc at 5 weeks. It's been over 4 weeks and no af as yet. Hope things come right soon for you x

oh gosh readytta - what a rollercoaster - you poor thing :(.

Thanks for your replies all. I know in my normal AF, sometimes i get a day of brown blood at the beginning and/or at the end. Now its day 3, first two days were brown blood, today it's dark red.... sorry if TMI - but is this normal??? Some very mild cramps that feel very menstral - and i don't typically have much cramping with AF....

Thanks new37. I don't think there's any such thing as normal anymore - or if there is, i fall outside that group! It's different for everyone and having a mc can muck up your cycle/af. I would think after 5 weeks though this would be the start of your af. I hope mines comes soon.

I have no idea what to say here hun, but it sounds like maybe you have some leftover tissue etc have you had a scan to confirm you don't?

If so- it's probably AF coming but it takes 3 months for your body to get used to "not being pregnant" as my Dr quoted to me.

x

Wow - thats interesting jellybean - i can believe it. i think this is my AF - althought it's just very weird - not my typicaly af, it feels like my af. I'm getting mild sensations that i usually get with my AF and since i'm going steady on day 3 - i'm pretty sure that's where i'm at. I had a u/s at around 3-4 wks that said i was clear. However - more tissue did come out around the 4 wk mark... god... what an ordeal. I have to agree with readytta - there is no normal in all of this. I keep looking for answers and noone seems to know bc everyone's experience seems to be so completely unique. It's so good to talk to you all. thanks so much! And thanks so much for sharing you're experiences - it has truely got be through this.

much love

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->