when you tell your boss

princessjulia

Reaction score
as many ladies in here are pregnant over 35 im sure i qualify to be here im 42 and expectin my bundle in may2012 last yr i mc at 8wks n dr said we ladies are at higher risk so to take it extra easy so in light of this when do u tell boss at work as its far too early to share my news with rest of world i work as delivery driver sat and sun nites its tirin when not pregnant but i feel too early to leave at this point sorry for long rant is there any 1 else in same positon:happydance:

Not really because my job is not physically demanding, but I just told my boss a few days ago at 9 weeks because I was bursting to tell her, plus I have a midwife appointment coming soon which will require me being out of the office for the better part of a morning.

It can't hurt to tell your boss earlier if you feel the need, especially if there are dangerous and/or potentially hazardous conditions at work. If you work at a good place they will just be happy for you. If you work for douchebags then that's another story. I hope your employers are the former. And, CONGRATS!

I don't plan to tell my boss for a while yet..
I am afraid too because I work under contract and I fear they will terminate my contract when they find out.
I need 14 weeks to qualify for mat. leave so I hope to hide the pregnancy as long as possible, even though my job is damanding and requires standing for long periods of time..

oh my i can see what you mean mines quite gruellin im not entitled to maternity pay so im thinkin once bump is too big i just take break

My job is very stressful and long hours rather than physically demanding. I'm not telling my boss until I have to, but it's stressing me already. I can't be fired, but im so sure it will impact my bonus and pay review. I'm just trying not to think about it (it makes me angry).

I had an m/c 2 years ago at 7-8 wks and when I, very happily, became pregnant again, I did tell my overall boss at 8 wks just in case everything went wrong and I would need time off again; I do not like my immediate boss and felt that it was none of his business, but if there was a problem, I could just call in and tell the overall boss.

I did tell some other work colleagues around wk 11 as was starting to feel more hopeful; also as they knew me, the m/c and my plans to start IVF (I ended up getting pregnant naturally), I told a few people as I knew they would be delighted (they were), but my immediate boss started to be a jerk about antenatal appointments, so I went again to the overall boss with Equality Authority information, etc., etc.

I'm now almost 18wks and cautiously hopeful (am 43 and everything so far, looks good)!

best wishes

p.s. my immediate supervisor had me moving classrooms, going up and down three/four flights and told me I couldn't go to the bathroom during class -- I told the overall boss and magically, my classroom was moved, bathroom breaks ok, etc., SO only if you feel you are doing too much, then mention to one or two people...also, I'm 43 and in good health, my pregnancy seems to be 'normal', e.g. tiredness and the usual stuff, but I still get people to carry heavy stuff, etc. Better to be safe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->