When you think about your labour...

The labour part was great. I actually really enjoyed it, mad I know. Things didn't go at all to plan at the end though. LO's heartrate dropped to 70 and they had to put me out to do an emergency c section. From the midwife doing an exam on me because I needed to push (I was still only 5cm) to LO being out was just 11 minutes. Both DH and I missed his birth and I still can't think about it without getting teary. I was very traumatized about it and had flash backs for months. I missed his whole first day as I was pumped full of morphine which sent me doolally. So happy that LO was ok and made it out safe and sound though. I have very mixed feelings about it.

good because i got my vbac, experienced vaginal birth and didn't have to recover from a section.

bad because it was frankly scary and feeling a loss of control like that is horrible.

Wanted a all natural, drug free water birth with delayed cord clamping and skin to skin right away but instead was induced due to very late GD. After being in hospital for several days the second gel insert worked within 30 mins was having hypertension contractions (think that's what they are called) in absolute pain from having no contractions to mega strong ones every 5 to 10 seconds. Got rushed to labour ward where they tried to strap me to the bed to monitor the baby. They was NO way that was happening and I very rudely told the midwife (am very embarrassed now as that's not me) and thank the lord the head midwife had the sense to get me a emergency epi or I think I would have died from the pain. Baby's heart kept dipping so they put a trace on his head and then I feel asleep. Next thing I knew I was being woken up as it was time to push so 45 mins later and with the help of the vontouse as babys heart kept dipping again my LO was out.

Apart from the extreme pain at the start it was the best birth experience I think I could have had. I'm actually scared of having a normal birth now esp when I read stories of ladies being in labour for hours and hours!! Mine was only 4 and half hours from start to end and I was asleep for most of it.

The only think I would say was I think because most of the labour I was asleep and detatched from the pain and pushing when it came to pushing time it felt too quick as I never really had the build up and I think that did stop me from feeling a strong bond with LO right away. At least thats changed now as He's my world and couldn't ever be without him xx

Hmmm, I don't think I can select any of these choices! I was really anxious leading up to birth of my LO because I was unprepared for the pregnancy and didn't feel ready to be a mom. So while the delivery went fine and I had no complications and it was as good as it could be (LOL!) I was still anxious because I almost... didn't want to meet my LO, because that made it so much more real.

I'm still not convinced that I'll have another child, but I haven't ruled anything out 100%.

My 1st labour i was dissapointed with. It was not at all how i wouldve liked it to go for various reasons..induced..wasnt allowed to be mobile..epidural..forceps..torn cervix and a blood transfusion!
My 2nd i was desperate to have a better labour and i did..it was perfect! Went into labour naturally, got to hospital at 9 1/2 cm dilated and gave birth while standing..i loved it and look back very fondly X

I voted mixed feelings. The labor was long and hard. I had 3rd degree tearing and a broken tailbone. LO was taken by forcepts, because she was in such a strange possition. BUT, my little Soph is absolutely everything I have ever wanted. She is a wonderful baby. I love her so much and never think about the labor, because it doesn't matter.:kiss: I still have pain in my tailbone and am still unable to lean back while sitting, but that will go away. I have my sweetheat so it's worth the pain.

Evelyn was back to back. The first midwife wouldn't move me from triage and was beyond mean. I was too scared to say anything. Eventually hysteria got me to labour ward. After gas and air and pethidine it became apparent that an epidural was needed. I was hysterical. Eventually things calmed down and after an hour of pushing it was all good and amazing! But the start was really awful for me.

Ivy was slow' I got to 6cm at home, did a few hours in the birthing pool and after having my waters broke had an epidural I didn't need, it hadn't even kicked in when she popped out whilst I lay sideways. In hindsight I was coping fine with gas and air. However she tore me and the placenta was a difficult to push. I had to stay overnight with Ivy and I sobbed cause I wanted to be home!

So mixed feelings with both really :) my happiest moments were getting home :)

Mine was awesome! I wanted to have an empowering and natural birth and managed both and for that I'm thankful. I gave birth 4 days early and my labour was super painful but also very quick (4 hours from start to finish). I had no complication, not even a tear or graze and my LO was healthy.

I'm hoping if I ever get pregnant to experience the same kinda labour :D

i'm devastated by my "labor" experience. i had to be induced due to pre eclampsia. after 2 days, 2 cervidill's and the highest dose of pitocin, i hadn't dilated AT ALL. and never felt contractions. ended up with a csection and had to be put under general anesthesia because both the spinal and epidural didn't work.

i feel robbed of a labor/delivery experience.

Loved both my labours. First was induction, second was very straightforward, and both with gas and air only. I can't wait to push out number 3 (in a few years time tho!! Lol) x

I chose "Awful; I plan to never do it again" and people always tell me I'll change my mind. But I haven't in almost a year, and I never will. I hated being pregnant and I hated my labor, the only good thing about it was we got our daughter at the end of it. I had a horrific pregnancy AND labor, though, so that may be why I feel this way.

Loved it! I tore badly, almost needed a blood transfusion, was on an IV for 24hrs after and had retained placenta...but all in all a good experience! I know that people experience much bigger problems than the ones I had, so while it wasn't my idea of a "perfect" birth it was close enough for me to look back at it fondly and I am excited to do it again someday.

I checked "Awsome; I loved it and it went how id hoped "

it WAS awesome, but didnt quite go as planned lol

both my sons births were planned as natural hospital births. no medication at all, not even an IV or even a pain killer!

First birth this is exactly what happened.

Second birth...well I gave birth in the front seat of our pick up truck, so certainly was natural, but also unassisted!

Id do it all over again in a heartbeat though :)

It's difficult for me to vote one choice! My second labour DS, was an amazing labour, great slow build up, felt totally in control, managed on my tens until the last twenty mins or so and then had gas and air, was up and about straight after and felt really really good, would definitely be choice A on the poll.

DD was an induction, it was quick for a first labour and induction (only twelve hours from gel going in to her popping out), but it was painful from early on, I threw up constantly, I ended up have an epidural so was tired and quite spaced out but I pushed her out in twenty five mins with minimal tearing and no intervention. Overall I was pleased with how it went for an induction and certainly wasn't put off by it but it wasnt the pleasurable, amazing experience that DS's labour was!

Positive feelings for sure! I loved it and look back on it with fond memories. :)

I voted awsome.
Besides the fact my water broke and i wasnt even in labor (bubs was 9lbs8oz and must have kicked and broke my water)
Once my contraxtions started it was a matter of an hr and i didnt even need to push!

Actual labour...awesome...honestly found it sooo much easier than expected. Got to hospital qure comfortable and was already 4/5cms dilated. Took gas and air a couple of hrs later and that was fabbb!! Waters broke at 10cm. Pushed for 1hr (i wasnt good at that part...but it wasnt too bad tbh). Had an episiotomy and out she popped. Was sooo high on gas and air at this point. Best moment of my life meeting her xx

30 mins post labour it all went horribly downhill when i suddenly started to lose a lot of blood and had doctors poking and prodding from all angles trying to figure out what had gone wrong. Horrific and a LOT more painful than labour.

Actual labour tho...loved it x

Loved mine. No pain relief, went to plan. Water birth. Next one I want a water home birth. Can't wait!!!

I was in labor for a long time and it really hurt but once ingot my epidurial
I felt nothing I was frozen till the morning It was a good exprience and I thought it was going to be much worse.

it didn't go as planned but I didn't have a plan so, moreso it was just effing harder than expected. I was induced and feel like they gave me too much of it too soon, at 3 cm dilated I was having full blown back to back contractions which seemed completely unnecessary in the early hours when I had so far to dilate and they hadn't even broken my waters yet. so that sucked for sure. I didn't find any relief with gas and air, I actually felt worse and started to cry when I got that because I felt SO ILL and like I was high and was going to pass out, also it did nothing to ease the pain. had a morphine shot which also did nothing for the pain but did bring me into a further drooling mess :haha: the epidural finally came and was a godsend, next time around I would get that ASAP and just be able to rest until its time to push instead of the insanity that happened. trying to put it off did nothing for me but completely exhaust and dishearten me. I also had a strong fever from meconium being in my waters, so I was a right mess. I couldn't get her out on my own so they had to cut me and then use a suction to pull her out. all of this hell but as soon as she was out and on my chest I was the happiest person that's ever been. it was a traumatizing event, I lay in bed not being able to sleep and thinking about it for a few nights after I got home from the hospital. but looking back on it I can appreciate how amazing it was and I definitely want to do it again. now that I know what to expect, even tho it fucking sucks, I know that I survived it and it will be over eventually and ill get to have that amazing feeling again when its over. :cloud9::cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->