When you're a brand new mum...

Reaction score
Hello! Thought I'd pop back in (DD now 4 weeks) to recommend a post/thread someone started in BabyClub, particularly for first time mums:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/baby-club/1858831-word-brand-new-mums.html#post27300915

Great thread! Thanks for posting here. X

Thank you :) what are the wonder weeks?? x

Thanks for posting.

Just had to google tummy time and I'm wondering what are the wonder weeks?

Google wonder weeks - I've only just discovered it but it's the weeks where your baby reaches milestones (sitting up, crawling, walking etc). Because they're working so hard on perfecting new skills it can mess with their sleep or make them cry, cranky etc.. If you have an otherwise happy baby, you might not know what's wrong. Wonder weeks highlights when you can expect your baby to be hitting these milestones and now to help them through :)

My bits of advice for new mums:

It's a massive shock to the system, but you will make it through those first few weeks.

If breastfeeding, let your baby feed feed feed.. It's exhausting but completely normal.

It's ok to cry... You've just grown a human being. An actual person... It's a massive thing to go through, your emotions will be all over the place.

Cherish every single moment from the day your baby arrives.. I don't know where the last month has gone!

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->