When?

jellytot3

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I hope this is the right place to post?
Just wondering when a baby is classed as premature? :shrug:

My eldest daughter was induced at 36 weeks exactly (due to pre eclampsia) and spent a week in neonatal for various reasons.
Some people have said to me that she was premature but others have said she wasnt. Bit confused.

x

37 weeks is considered term, so anything before is premature, although the closer they are to 37 weeks the better x

Premature is anything prior to 37 weeks, medically speaking.

Some people just dont class it as premature though, ive got a few friends with 36 weekers who dont even mention it because they had no issues after.

Some people make a deal of it, some people class it as just 'early' (i would but thats only comparing my own experience) :shrug: ive noticed everyones different but then so is every baby :)

Some people tell me their baby was prem too but they mean 3 weeks from 40 weeks, so not really premature at all.

I did wonder. I never classed her as premature, just "4 weeks early". She was a good weight for 36 weeks, 6lb4oz.
It was heartbreaking seeing her in care for a week, i dont know how you ladies that are there for months do it.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->