When?

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Do lo start smiling? Also she has been quite strong with her head since she was born but when do they 100% start to support their head? xx

My LO first smiled just between 4 and 5 weeks. He has always had a strong neck and he now supports his head great at 4 months.

I know we shouldn't wish their little lives away but I cannot wait to get the first smiles in :) my lo has beautiful 'windy' smile already, hope her real one is as good

I know we shouldn't wish their little lives away but I cannot wait to get the first smiles in :) my lo has beautiful 'windy' smile already, hope her real one is as good

i am with you on.this! Lacey has such a lovely wind smile and sometimes has a little chickle with it! :D

My LO started smiling sporadically really early...like I remember having to go to the ER for mastitis when LO was 2 weeks old and my mom was holding her and she smiled and cooed and my mom said, you're too young for that! But she started smiling consistently when she was about 6 weeks and now she does it all the time. Still doesn't laugh out loud though...can't wait for that!

Leo had the occasional non wind smile when he was about 3/4 weeks old... but from 7 weeks he started smiling aaaaall the time and it's fab! He's had pretty good head control from birth but started holding it up at about 8 weeks, he's still a bit wobbly but I don't think it will be much longer than a week or two before he's cracked it and he's 12 weeks today x x x

Lola started smiling at 3wks but not constantly until 4.5wks.she's always held her head up well but started holding perfectly at 3.5 months xx

I can't tell the difference between the windy smile and the real thing :haha: :help:

According to my MIL, my LO was smiling at 3 days old :rofl:
I didn't count any smiles unless they were in response to something. We got our first 'real' smiles at maybe 6 weeks? Got some recognition smiles and some smiles when I stuck my tongue out and made silly noises.

We had great head control from the start. It might have been 3 months or so when he really just took off though and didn't need support. I recall being at a party with him at 3.5 months and a friend who is a nanny told me she kept forgetting how young he was because his head control was so great.

Isobel did her first "real" smile at 5 weeks. She didn't start to smile regularly until about 7 weeks.

She's had good head control since birth but more so than normal, so I probably can't help with the "norm". It just got gradually stronger still but I don't really remember a specific time that it peaked or anything. She's early with all her mobility so I think the strong neck at birth is connected.

I think they say by 6 weeks smiles should be voluntary (rather than those fleeting ones)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->