Where are all the breastfeeding (in public) mamas?!

Wherever and whenever for us too. I use two tops so I'm pretty discreet, but I refuse to put anything over his head.

Impressed by the ladies who manage to feed and walk! How do you manage that? :thumbup:

Before I had my LO I never saw anyone breastfeeding in public. Now since we have had all of the bf issues and im bottle feeding it is ALL I seem to see EVERYWHERE! Seems every coffee shop I go in some woman is there happily sipping a late with a baby stuck on her boob! I am SO jealous!! If I manage to relatch him I am going to nurse in public proudly :D I did it a few times in the earl days and waa a bit nervous as I hadn't mastered the 'discreet nursing strategy' lol... But now I wouldn't be phased at all :D I would just be so happy to be breastfeeding!

Impressed by the ladies who manage to feed and walk! How do you manage that? :thumbup:

I can't manage this either, even when my lo was smaller I couldn't, and now he's 23 pounds and I really don't know how I'd do it... I'd love tips though :)

I'd like to be able to do it in a wrap but haven't figured that one out yet.

Wherever and whenever for us too. I use two tops so I'm pretty discreet, but I refuse to put anything over his head.

I could never do it. I hear of women bf'ing while wearing baby in a sling but I swear this doesn't work if you have big boobs!

I'm the same as u... I'm modern conservative and I bf everywhere! I don't give a rats lol. I cover up and people usually can't tell.

I never see others doing it either... However where I live ATM is usually ff people. Infact in the hospital I think I was the only girl on our ward not going to heat bottles up in the microwave after lo was born. Which was a shame :(

So far I fed in cafe's, baby groups, friends/relatives houses. I always use a light weight cover so I'm discreet and don't flash any flesh. I also have big boobs so It would be difficult to not flash everyone haha! My midwife told me that once I was experienced at bf I would be able to do housework while LO fed! At the time when she was tiny I though great but now I have no idea how that is even possible. Can anyone enlighten me?

Before I had my boy I had strong views about bf-ing in public. I thought as I'd never dream of getting my boobs out normally, having a baby wouldn't change anything and I'd only bf when I could do so privately. Ha! Having a hungry baby changed everything and my strong views diappeared in a puff of smoke. If I wanted to leave the house I had to be prepared to bf anywhere or deal with a screaming tot ... to the extent that as I walked into the registry office to register my boy's name he was stuck onto my boob. :-D

Thing is, I NEVER see anyone else bf-ing in public. I am discrete, ie I've worked out how to do it without flashing flesh, but of course it's still obvious what I'm doing. I take him out with me all the time, and stop off for coffee/lunch pretty much anywhere I fancy, and I always end up bfing him. How come no one else ever seems to?! I'm not a tie-dye wearing hippy chick, I'm a modern uptight city gal, so it would be nice to know I'm not alone. Or maybe I am...and I'm flouting convention without even realising it. Any thoughts?!
Xx

Omg I said the exact same thing to OH! When I see someone bfing, I actually point it out! I was the exact same as you, wouldnt dream of doing it in public or in front of my dad/brother etc but as soon as he was born it was a case of hes hungry, he needs feeding! Ive fed walking around the sea life centre, London Zoo yesterday (a woman said I was brave in front of such crowds), on a boat, In a taxi, in the middle of town! Hes my main priority and if hes hungry ill feed him! I think the uk is very narrowminded on BFing unlike european countries! Im so pro breastfeeding now...I love it :) xxx

I have a 6 year old so I have to be able to walk and feed lol! I find it easy :) weve walked around the sea life centre bfing and yesterday London zoo, a woman told me I was brave doing it because of the busy crowds lol! I have bought a ringsling now too so hopefully will be able to do it in that xx

It warmed my heart today when a lady came up to me today and praised me for being brave enough to nurse my son in Starbucks and said she didn't have the confidence to do it herself. It is a shame that for some it is seen as "taboo". I do make sure I cover up though because although it is natural thing to do I guess you do have to respect the fact some people are uncomfortable with it to a certain extent (i.e. I wouldn't stop feeding him in public but I try not to flash and show off about it)

It warmed my heart today when a lady came up to me today and praised me for being brave enough to nurse my son in Starbucks and said she didn't have the confidence to do it herself. It is a shame that for some it is seen as "taboo". I do make sure I cover up though because although it is natural thing to do I guess you do have to respect the fact some people are uncomfortable with it to a certain extent (i.e. I wouldn't stop feeding him in public but I try not to flash and show off about it)

I completely agree with you, I got told I was brave bfing in the middle of tiger feeding in london zoo in the middle of a crowd! Like you though I am always discreet, top up top down is always what I do, and you can never see anything anyway! Just wish more women were confident to do it x

I completely agree with you, I got told I was brave bfing in the middle of tiger feeding in london zoo in the middle of a crowd! Like you though I am always discreet, top up top down is always what I do, and you can never see anything anyway! Just wish more women were confident to do it x

I finally got to courage to try the other day. I sat in the corner at wendys at the shopping centre and had my hotdog and coffee while I fed my son :happydance: I used a wrap to cover as I haven't yet perfected NOT flashing entire boob :haha: he fed great :D we even had a small group sit right next to us, didn't even take a second look.... that's what we need, not snotty people turning their noses up at us!
I do tip my hat to the lady on the hard wooden bench, top rolled up, boob out, feeding her bub while trying to entertain his twin in the pram :haha: she had so many stupid old people give her filthy looks and I looked right at her and smiled, A very big "well done" smile :) she saw me feeding Tanner and gave the same smile :)
There's a parents room which I wont use because I have a right to not have to walk the length of the shopping centre to feed my son :)

I do, it's never crossed my mind not to. Nobody looks at me though, BF rates here are very high.

i bf anywhere at anytime!! when i first started i would hang out in a dressing room because i wasnt confident enough to bf around people but i realized i wouldnt eat in a dressing room why should i let my baby so from then on i couldnt care less if someone saw me bf or got a glance of flesh!! i never notice any other moms bf but i remember the not so confident fase so mabe they just havnt made it as far yet!!

I don't really think of it as nursing in 'public' or 'private' - it's just feeding a baby. Sometimes I need to find a comfortable place to sit but other than that I don't even think about it, just feed. I do top up top down as well, even at home so discretion doesn't really cross my mind. I don't notice people looking at me either, BF rates are high here too.

I use to think the same way. I even got into a bit of a debate about NIP uncovered with my cousin's wife. I've eaten my words now :haha: I will say I don't see many people nurse in public and those I do see aren't covered but aren't showing much of anything either. I covered (haven't NIP with LO for ages - he's to busy to want to nurse) but only because I feel more comfortable. This time around I'm going to master the pull up pull down method so I don't have to.

I've walked around the store BF LO but he was little. I think it's easier to do when they're small. I couldn't do it now!

I take out my boobs in public all the time lol I embarass my mom and my husband a lot by doing that *shrugs* Who cares, it's totally natural! Me and the bub both hate the breastfeeding veil thing!

I've fed walking around our local zoo before. Nothing on show ever but I feed anywhere I need to. I see a few doing it here and most of my mummy friends BF too, but I live in a very diverse town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->