Where did you give birth? HB

special_kala

love my bugs
Reaction score
Just wondering where did you give birth at home?

My MW said the sofa is a good place as you can lean over it.

I had a pool set up in my kitchen and I birthed in that. It was wonderful :D

I bounced on my birth ball in the living room until 10 minutes before she was born and then leaned on the sofa to push.

living room floor with each of them, was fully intending to kneel and lean on the sofa, which is how I spent most of the labour, but I hit transition and need to lie on a hard surface

Pool in the living room.
We were in a 1 bed flat with a kitchen on to the livinG room.. so although small it was ideal having the kitchen right there. I did alot of early labouring over/on/around the sofa, also in the garden, bathroom - everywhere really! You just need to give your self options to birth in, as you will move about to feel what is right for you (and it will prob keep changing, until you are ready)
XxX

I laboured in my pool and gave birth on a birth stool that I asked the mws to bring from the birth centre :) I've down that twice now!

You can read my birth story below, but I had my DD2 leant over my birth ball in my living room.

xx

I'll probably hire a pool and set it up in my livingroom and hope to give birth in that.

ive had 2 hb's - both ive laboured in the living room & leant over the sofa to push, was fab & afterwards i turned over & laid on it whilst placenta was being delivered & could cuddle baby. :)

Oh and my pool was set up in the kitchen and the stool was in the dining room. :)

Did those who gave birth on the sofa use plastic sheets to protect the sofa/floor?

this is a good thread Ive been wondering this too. Thinking that the living room is a good place but as kimimi asked, what did you use to protect the sofa?

Did those who gave birth on the sofa use plastic sheets to protect the sofa/floor?

I got a couple of cheap shower curtains. My mum spread those out when I said I wanted to get out of the pool. There was very little mess anyway, tbh. The MWs have millions of those big square absorbent things, they put one of those under me.

this is a good thread Ive been wondering this too. Thinking that the living room is a good place but as kimimi asked, what did you use to protect the sofa?

One of the great things about staying at home is: you can labour and birth wherever you like. It's your house. :D

Cheap shower curtains is a good idea! I've also got quite a few old sheets I can use.

I laboured and birthed kneeling on the floor leaning over the sofa. I put a duvet on the floor, plastic dust sheets over the sofa and duvet and then old sheets/towels over that! but like someone else said - the MW's bring lots of inco pads that soak up everything, we even managed to wash and keep the towels. 30mins after birth, you wouldn't even know it had happened!

with my hb#1 i laboured in the bath then gave birth on the bathroom floor, with hb#2 i laboured in the pool set up in the longe and gave birth sat on the floor with my back pressed against the sofa

I was planning on having a pool in my lounge room but it didn't arrive so I was in my bath tub.

Before the bath tub, I was in my lounge room on the computer. It went really quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->