Where do babies come from!? HELP!!

HHenderson

Princess' X2 Oh NO!
Reaction score
My 8.5 year old was sitting next to me as I was looking at pictures of the little boy who was rescued from the pipe in the ground. Safe and sound thank God.

She asked me from the title how did the baby get stuck in a pipe underground.

AHHH so I told her well the lady went to the restroom and over there the toilets are different. They are on the ground so you kind of hoover over it and go potty. Well she had her baby over it and the baby slipped down the pipe.

So she goes on about how in the world did the baby come out of her belly. Its not like she just cut her belly open herself. And she goes on about how you dont just poop a baby out thats GROSS and she doesnt think that happens anyways. AHH (Ive always told her they come out of your belly. I had a previous c-section so it worked for me until now!)

So I changed the subject and am completely freaked. I dont know what to say or if what I do say is too much. Given the fact that I am pregnant its going to scare her I think. Also if I do tell her the vagina shes going to ask well how did it get there in the first place. I used to tell her only when your in love and married God will place a baby in there. Were not even religious at all but at the time that was my only answer.

ANY SUGGESTIONS!???? :dohh:

My sister is going through this exact thing! Her lo asked how babies get out and she has always used her csection scar to explain that the Dr cut him out but now he has said that my other nephew has told her babies come out of the woman's bum lol he had been watching a nature program at the time lol
She skirted around it then asked me what she should do, I just laughed and said no idea!
There is going to come a time when they need to know the truth but its hard to judge when that is isnt it!!!

Good Im happy shes not the only kid saying it could possibly be the bum out there. Lol

I think people should just tell the truth :)... In a way tht children will understand..

My neices/nephews know that the baby got in there because if a special cuddle that grown ups have. They also know that th baby comes out if your foofoo :) !! They were more freaked out by the fact tht babies drink from your boobies rather than come from your foofoo lol !!

Just my opinion :) xx

Im scared if I even mention a certain adult type of cuddle time when she goes to bed she will be up thinking everything at night, HOW!? And come up with all kinds of crazy ideas.

We actually just had the talk about how girls and boys and women and men are different. So now my husband cant just wear his boxers around just in case his willy flops out because Im sure she is curious now. I did say our boy dog is kind of like it.

Oh God. This sounds horrible!

I just explained to River that mummy will push the baby out of her vagina like i did when she was born, she thinks its awesome.

Seems alot easier if I just said the vagina at age 4. But the truth then was she did come out of my belly and there is a scar. Sounds so much better if you ask me.

My four year old has handled the truth well, he asks lots of questions and I answer him honestly, just not graphically. He knows that daddy plants 'a seed' in mommy, that girls have vaginas instead of penises, an that the baby comes out the vagina when ready. He still remembers breastfeeding, so he knows that part, and sometimes he asks other questions, I just answer what he asks and leave it at that. He handles it fine :)

She will have to find out some time :) I knew by nine that babies came out lady bits and it never occurred to me to ask how babies got in there for a while but even when it did occur to me a frank and clinical answer kept me happy and didn't traumatise me at all :)

We touched on csections, explained sometimes doctors need to help babies out so they cut them out of the belly. She refers to it as dig.

I think when she asks how they get in there ill go down the when a mummy and daddy love each other they have a special kind of grown up cuddles and daddy plants acseed in my tummy.

I've never really understood this weirdness around the birds and the bees.

If they are old enough to ask about it off their own accord they are old enough to be told the truth.

And I'm with Kala/Catherine on the use of the word vagina. None of this idiotic foof, nunny, flower bullshit.

Just tell the truth :shrug:

We told my 5 year old the truth about how the baby comes out... But way less graphic than what she would see. I told her the baby gets too big for my belly and then we push her down own until she comes out. I even told her that my ody gets ready and stretches but I dont think she totally understands what part of her bum/girlie parts the baby comes from

As to how the baby got there... We won't be honest on this at all- I grew up in a very loving family and didn't get the birds and bees until puberty- even then I felt I wasn't quite ready for all that. We told her the baby is part daddy and part mommy and that you need Gods help to "make" the baby. We told her the baby starts out as small as a seed and gets bigger and bigger and she seems to understand that. It's not a lie really because we had to try for a baby for a long time and we really did need God's help, lol

My niece was told daddy planted a tiny seed in mummy's tummy which met an egg and grew into a baby. And she added, "and then baby comes out mummy's tunnel" which I thought very intuitive for a three year old!

I think my kids are easier to talk to because we live in a rural area and they he seen many animal births, and animal mating.

I've never really understood this weirdness around the birds and the bees.

If they are old enough to ask about it off their own accord they are old enough to be told the truth.

And I'm with Kala/Catherine on the use of the word vagina. None of this idiotic foof, nunny, flower bullshit.

Just tell the truth :shrug:

The truth sometimes can be ALOT! Haha my mother was so open and gross I didnt even need to know the birds and the bees. I wanted it to be different but for my daughter to know as much as she needs to at the age she was at the time.

I use pee pee or vagina, shes definitely a smart girl. But Im worried about the whole how it got there part. I mean how TRUTHFUL can you be with a 8.5 year old. Sit there and show them barbies doing it? :haha:

Im still going to time my time answering and make sure what comes out of my mouth doesnt scar her like my mother did me. Her information was great but it was WAYYYYYYYY too much. :dohh:

If she's 8.5, it's time to explain the basics to her, especially if she's asking. Tragically, she may hear a truey wacked out version from her friends or a friends older sibling that will confuse her for years.
Here's a good article: https://www.themotherco.com/2011/04/where-do-babies-come-from/
In the Womb also is good because it shows fetal development, which is super neat and then a birth, which pretty much straight up answers the question. No full on crotch shot, but definitely know the general region of emergence.

Thank you most helpful. I am going to talk to her tonight and only answer questions directly and not bring extra stuff up until she does. So nervous.

I went an easy way and showed her a youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgZ5z6RB06c

She really only had a few questions like, what are hormones, what is a uterus, why is the lady fully naked in the end.

\\:D/

At that age I just told my son baby's came out from mom's vagina. She is almost nine, not to sound blunt but some girls have their periods at 9 as my friend did.... :(. The talk time unfortunately is now...sucks to realize they are not babies anymore

I think kids should be told the truth. They don't need all the graphic details on how sperm get in there or anything, but they can understand that mommy and daddy are both needed to make the baby and baby can be either cut out by the doctor or deliver vaginally (won't use that word with a small child though).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->