Where do babies come from!? HELP!!

I have always told my girls the truth, I think its important to especially if they are asking the question I feel they are ready to know the answer.... I've always made sure I've answered their questions in an age appropriate way though xx

I have always told my girls the truth, I think its important to especially if they are asking the question I feel they are ready to know the answer.... I've always made sure I've answered their questions in an age appropriate way though xx

My 9 yr old asked me where babies come from when I was pregnant with her sister (she was 5 at the time) I told her that when a mummy and a daddy love each other they have a very special cuddle and a seed gets put in mummies tummy and this turns into a baby. She was happy with that and hasn't asked since. BUT she did see a lady on here's scan pic of her quads and said WOW bet she had a lot of sex!! x

There are some great resources out there like this you tube video based on Babett Coles book mummy laid an egg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svMO5VXOBYw

I'm in the same situation as you with my 8 year old son. He has sex education starting soon and has been asking lots of questions about the different parts of a girl and boy and where babies come from etc, I'm honest without being graphic. We've had the conversation of how girls have vaginas instead of a penis and that when a mummy and daddy love each other they make a baby with special cuddles and the daddy uses his penis to plant a seed inside mummy's vagina, obviously then came the question of how the baby got out but I find being totally honest with him means he doesn't get embarrassed (or me) about explaining, he's happy with the answers I've given him and I've told him I want him to feel comfortable asking me anything he wants to know. He now knows that labour is the painful expulsion of the baby and that it comes out of the vagina. He had a good laugh to start with as you can imagine lol but he's not asked anything since.... yet!!

To the OP - it seems you're a bit nervous to talk to your daughter about this? If it make you uncomfortable maybe your hubbie can do it, or you could use some of the video resources that people have posted? Kids pick up on their parents emotions really well and it would be a shame if your daughter learns that this is an embarrassing, taboo topic as it'll make her less inclined to ask your questions and talk frankly about sex when she's older.

Just something to consider, good luck!

Definitely not embarrassed to talk to my child about anything. I like to take my time answering things like this to make sure I am doing it in such a way she wont feel as if I did growing up. My husband was raised completely different and sometimes its hard to be a parent how I want when he tells me he doesn't want her to know things now or in certain ways because of what happened to him in the past. He was so smart he knew was sex was in his early 5's and asked HIS parents tons of questions. He watched Discovery channel alot and saw many things maybe a 5 year old shouldnt have at the time. He thinks it turned him into a pervert. :haha: I had a laugh at that. Isnt all men perverts period? :thumbup:

I made a joke, because of something we were watching on TV, in front of my 7 year old about getting pregnant because daddy didn't wash his hands. He totally believes it now. LOL I can't bring myself to tell him I was joking because it's really cute when he makes cracks about it - Oooh Dad, you better wash your hands! LOL

My son has always known where babies come from. Never been an issue.

He knows exactly how they get in there too.

I've always believed that he should be educated about the things that are so natural in life.

None of the 'stalk' stories!

If he asks any question he gets an honest truthful answer. Obviously sometimes I have to censor things but he's fully aware and ill be doing the same with any more kids I have .

I was goinh threw this too! My 4yr old was wanting to know everything she's been to like all of my app and ultrasounds also my 2nd was so fast we were worried she would be the only one close when I wennt into labor.

I was telling her that we ask God for the baby and he puts it in moms tummy (she isn't old enought to know more then that and as you my mom was waaaay to open about things growing up) but we did tell her the truth about how baby comes out. She also watched baby story (guessing the same as one born every min?) She knows there will come a time when brother will be ready and mom will be in a bunch of pain and hell come out of my girl parts. That was enough for her. She did ask why the baby was covered in all that gross stuff when it came out when we were watching baby story. I didn't know what to say so I told her its like lotion lol and the drs clean the baby up after. Lol

Aging like you mom was waaaaaay to open with us so keeping some things under hush is ok till they get older also that being said my cousin is also pregnant and her daught had just turn 9 she told her mom she knows she's had sex at lest 3 times :haha: once to make her once to make sister and she heard them one time (small house they thought she was asleep lol)

My 3yr old knows where babies come out of, I told her one day and she was freaked out for about 10 minutes and now it's the most normal thing in the world for her.

She sometimes says to me "I have a baby in my belly, and in September she will come out of my moo and I can give her a cuddle" it's quite sweet that she thinks its that easy :D

I'm glad DS isn't old enough to ask these questions yet! He knows I have a baby in my belly but has also pointed to OH's belly and exclaimed "BABY!!!!!"

Depends on the kid and your beliefs, but I would say 8.5 is old enough to understand the basics. We started learning about the reproductive system in school when I was 9.. and that was a Catholic school! Unfortunately an 8.5 year old might demand more details than a 4 year old would!

I was goinh threw this too! My 4yr old was wanting to know everything she's been to like all of my app and ultrasounds also my 2nd was so fast we were worried she would be the only one close when I wennt into labor.

I was telling her that we ask God for the baby and he puts it in moms tummy (she isn't old enought to know more then that and as you my mom was waaaay to open about things growing up) but we did tell her the truth about how baby comes out. She also watched baby story (guessing the same as one born every min?) She knows there will come a time when brother will be ready and mom will be in a bunch of pain and hell come out of my girl parts. That was enough for her. She did ask why the baby was covered in all that gross stuff when it came out when we were watching baby story. I didn't know what to say so I told her its like lotion lol and the drs clean the baby up after. Lol

Aging like you mom was waaaaaay to open with us so keeping some things under hush is ok till they get older also that being said my cousin is also pregnant and her daught had just turn 9 she told her mom she knows she's had sex at lest 3 times :haha: once to make her once to make sister and she heard them one time (small house they thought she was asleep lol)

This is exactly why I was scared if she mentioned something like sex. She doesnt even know what sex means yet thank God. She thinks its a bad word like the f word. I told my husband I am scared she will like wake up in the middle of the night or not go to bed on time and we are doing it. I was scarred forever after I woke up at like 13 at 4am hearing them doing it. OMG every night for YEARSSSSSSSs I woke up at 4am and didnt mean too and was scared I would hear it again. It was honestly the worst thing ever.

My son uses the word sex. In context. I hated feeling embarrassed as a kid when sex is talked about. Or it was on TV.

So sex has never been taboo in our house. He's never heard us at it but knows it happens because I'm pregnant.

It's a totally natural and normal part of life so I think he should be aware of it. Education is key. I dont want him getting told all sorts and being confused.

Sex education starts at 4 years old in holland and they have the lowest teenage pregnancy rates in the world. It's all age appropriate but I think it shows that education can change a child's view on it. Kids in the UK see it as taboo therefore exciting to do so they are doing it younger & younger.

Hopefully I've given my son the education he needs on sex to know when he should and shouldn't be doing it.

The reality for me is that he could be quite soon if he decides to

He's told me he'd rather not be a dad at 12 tho n would rather wait til he's at least 22!

Yea please tell your kid the truth in an age appropriate way. I didn't find out my mom delivered vaginally till I got pregnant and she said of course she delivered vaginally. I had thought for years that she got c-sections because that's what she told me in order to avoid telling me the truth. In contrast, my husband's dad told him at age 5 (after he asked) that babies come from the daddy and mommy having a special hug and then the baby comes from the mom's opening near her butt. He ended up just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->