"Where do babies come from?"

Kristypants

Mom to 2 girls <3
Reaction score
Hey all! I have a 6 year old daughter that we haven't told we're expecting yet. She's a very curious little girl and I know that when we do she's going to ask all sorts of questions.

Can anyone recommend any good books that I can get for her that would be age appropriate or good ways to explain it to her?

Congratulations on your addition to your family! I hope everything is going smoothly for you during your pregnancy. As for your question about a book recommendation, I heard of a book series during my time at Focus on the Family called God's Design for Sex. The authors are Stan and Brenna Jones. It's a series of books that explain the topic of sex at age-appropriate levels. Maybe you can find it online or at the library. I hope this helps!

Congratulations! :happydance:

I like 'Where Willy Went' by Nicholas Allen :D It's not too heavy, explains everything and is really child friendly :thumbup:

No book recommendation. But we're pregnant and have a 6-year-old. He too is a curious bunny asking lots of questions. Luckily his questions aren't too in-depth. We've satisfied him with "When a mommy and daddy love each other very much and decide they want a baby, Daddy will help put one in Mommy's tummy to grow". And then we change the conversation. It's worked so far. And I've had C-sections and he's seen my scar so answering "how does the baby come out" is easy. Though, we've tried to make it understood that not all mommy's have the baby cut out.

Ok, so I have no real advice and our plan of avoidance sucks. But just letting you know we sympathize.

My kids were 7 and 5 when Kelana was born, and they had plenty of questions too. I just said it really basic. Talked about love, and showing love and the penis and it's role, and the vagina, and the seed (sperm) and egg and they meet and makes a baby.

This topic is REALLY helpful because my 6 year old daughter ask me this question the other day :).

I told her that:
When a mummy and a daddy love each other very much. The have sex ad that is when the daddy puts his willy in the mummy vj and then the good worms find the mummy's egg and then the mummy gets pregnant!

She had no other question after that!!

I was so gald to get it over and done with. My now 9 year old asked my this question at 4 or 5!!!

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions. We'll be telling her in a couple of weeks, so I'll let you know how it goes!

This topic is REALLY helpful because my 6 year old daughter ask me this question the other day :).

I told her that:
When a mummy and a daddy love each other very much. The have sex ad that is when the daddy puts his willy in the mummy vj and then the good worms find the mummy's egg and then the mummy gets pregnant!

She had no other question after that!!

I was so gald to get it over and done with. My now 9 year old asked my this question at 4 or 5!!!

i like this explanation!! there's no point in 'beating round the bush'
after all, there's nothing shameful about baby making! also if you're open and truthful about it, they are more likely to be open when talking to you about it in a few years time!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->