Where Do I Begin??

T

toao_mom

Hello All!!

Brand new to the site. I'm a almost 37 year old woman, my BF is 39. Neither of us have children (yet) -- nor have either one of us been/gotten pregnant.

Although we aren't charting cycles yet, we are committed to figuring out if there's a problem & where it lies....I just wanted to get some feed back on how to begin this process... He thinks he can't conceive & I also have my own reservations about being able to conceive.

I didn't get my period till i was 15.... they have never been what I would call "regular" & can be anywhere from 5 weeks to several months apart. I have never been at this point in a relationship that "children" were positively on the table. We both want a child & are in full agreement. That being said.... I have so many questions, but i'll start with these. Thanks in advance!!! :shrug:

Is an OB/GYN considered a fertility Dr.? Is there such a thing?

Is there a better health insurance plan to have if we're trying to conceive??

I don't know much about the different insurances and what they offer. If you're insured you can call and ask them what they cover and what they don't so you know what you'll be paying out of pocket. Most insurances even have online tools to figure it out, even if you're shopping around you can compare prices and coverage.

OB/GYNs are not fertility doctors, they're called reproductive endocrinologists (RE). Most will give you a time frame for trying before recommended you to an RE, but again, depends on your doctors and insurance and medical history.

If you have a regular OB/GYN you can take your concerns to them so if you need a referral you can get one for the RE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->