where do i put him

clairebear

Mummy to 2 handsome boys.
Reaction score
as it says now jack can sit him self up and crawl where do i put him when i have a shower. he used to lay on my bed playing with his toys and i could still see him as we have a ensuite. but now he crawls he goes to the end of the bed. he can escape his bumbo, can sit up in the bouncy chair what do i do?? should i leave him in his cot and let him cry as he cant see whats going on??

any other mummys having this trouble??

I've been having this trouble for months! The only thing I have is an old chair swing thing that he can be strapped into and can't escape from, and he can sit up on his own in it without being able to fall or get out. Usually if he has enough to play with/chew on he's ok for a few minutes while I have a quick shower (usually have to dance around and sing a bit to keep him entertained though :rofl:)

Do you have a portable high chair or something? x

I usually plan my showers for when DH is home lol. :blush: Or if he isn't home and I need one I usually cart her entire jumperoo into our bathroom, since its the only thing that keeps her contained that can still somewhat hold her attention. I made the mistake of leaving her on the bed about a month ago while making her a bottle. I kept looking over, then once I looked over and her head and shoulders were over the edge of the bed!!! :dohh: Never left her unattended after that! :blush:

Ive been having the same problem too, i usually put him in his bouncer as hes strapped in but he trys sitting up and nearlly lifts the sides up so he wont be in it for long, but he hates it when im in the bath he crys the whole time , he can get out his bumbo and i dont want to leave him in his cot as he will cry in there too, i might have to bring the highchair in lol xxx

if im just having a shower, summer sits on the bed with her toys as she cant crawl yet, but if im having a bath its a different story as i take much longer in the bath, sooo if no one is in i bring her bumbo chair and tray with toys and she sits and watches me have a bath lol but goodness knows what im going to do when she can crawl, i think i will have to lug her walker up stairs into the bathroom!

Hey hun...i either strap my bubs up in his rainforest cradel ori put him in his travel cot with some toys :)

I can only take extremely quick showers if Jack is awake & the only thing I have found to work is to put him in the door bouncer in the bathroom doorway which is right next to the bath, so I can keep an eye on his all of the time, & he can see me.

Tabs has wayyy outgrown her fisher price swinging chair so i had to get a baby to toddler rocker chair thingy that will do her until she is 4 apparantly,its the fisherprice linkadoos one and although she doesnt sit up on her own quite yet it does talk about that in the instructions and said its safe for them to try to sit up in so long as it is in the upward position. It is also a rocker and vibrates!! works wonders with her naps lol.
Anyway it has a detatchable bar on it with toys and a mirror (she is such a poser)
Anyway she is quite happy in it if its on vibrate if i have to run and do something......i would however be careful when putting bubs in it as Tabs did her temper lurching backwards thing the bumped her head on the seat back bit and its not that padded!

Tabs has wayyy outgrown her fisher price swinging chair so i had to get a baby to toddler rocker chair thingy that will do her until she is 4 apparantly,its the fisherprice linkadoos one and although she doesnt sit up on her own quite yet it does talk about that in the instructions and said its safe for them to try to sit up in so long as it is in the upward position. It is also a rocker and vibrates!! works wonders with her naps lol.
Anyway it has a detatchable bar on it with toys and a mirror (she is such a poser)
Anyway she is quite happy in it if its on vibrate if i have to run and do something......i would however be careful when putting bubs in it as Tabs did her temper lurching backwards thing the bumped her head on the seat back bit and its not that padded!

We have this chair too - Jack just won't stay in it:hissy:

travel cot or a a walker i used to use for maddy

happy times ahead ay lol

h x

I only have a bath when Matt is home because Ive been fainting a bit recently so definately dont want that happening when Im at home. Seth is the same as your Jack though it sounds, cant leave him anywhere. What about a door bouncer if he has one?

xxx

What about a door bouncer in the bathroom doorway? xXx

oh had this problem for about 2 months now its driving me mad my little man cries if hes in his cot and i want a shower feel like i have to put a telly in there so he can watch cbeebies that wud keep him quiet but now saying that i think that would work will have to ask oh nicely hehe but so far i have a shower when hes asleep or when oh is home

I usually put max in his bumbo or in his high chair depends what im doing ...if im cleaning hes on the floor on a cover and my dog plays with him lol

i was thinking about a play pen when maddi gets like this, hope you can find something that works claire x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->