Where do you feel the kick if it's breech?

at couple of time per day I feel a hard circle under my ribs. I always thought it was his bum since i was feeling kicks in my ribs but now i think it might have been his hands. might explain the cervix kick and the hard circle could be his head after all. What do you think?

Hi, My baby is (well was last midwife visit :) headdown. I have a hard circle/shape under my breast and another that often pokes out on the opposite side which apparently is his knees so I feel movement up top on one side (his feet) but also his bum moves around a bit and also his little hands down low make me feel movement down there. All that I can say is that I find it so hard to work out which way he is and always think he keeps moving and changing positions :wacko:

The same exact feeling. Hard circle shape under the breast the the other pokes in the opposite direction. What's the hard bump under the breast, head of bum

He is lying on my right side so under my right breast is his bum (a hard bump) and then under my left breast (well almost) are his knees and his feet kinda hang around there too. I read one of your posts further down, have you found out he is definately breech? Your baby could be lying on your left side if everything for you is opposite to me.

not yeah the doctor didnt check him yet. I have the hard bump under my right breast but nothing under the left

not yeah the doctor didnt check him yet. I have the hard bump under my right breast but nothing under the left

My baby's knees arent always poking out but I can normally feel the bum (though its not the shape I thought a bum would be :) ).

My baby's knees arent always poking out but I can normally feel the bum (though its not the shape I thought a bum would be :) ).

The bump under my right breast is a perfect circle. Is it the same for you?

you girls are awesome i can't tell a thing what is what lol!

you girls are awesome i can't tell a thing what is what lol!

Haha I can only tell as he hasnt (well as far as I know) changed positions for about a month so gotten use to saying "that bump is his bum etc" but would have no clue if he changes :haha:

The bump under my right breast is a perfect circle. Is it the same for you?

No, not a perfect circle, when is your next midwife/doctor appointment?

Feb 8th :dohh:

I had all my kicks low down and could feel her little head stuck under my ribs. She was like that from about 30 weeks!

did she turned head down by herself?

No, she stayed that way and I delivered her bottom first! :haha:

Oooo I've been watching out for you haha! I knew there was a lady about who had a breech delivery!
Were you offered a c-sect? I didn't know whether she came to quick or you'd turnt one down! Also if you did turn it down did they try and heavily persuade you to have one?

Hey! It's quite a long story lol-don't want to take over the OP's thread, can PM you if you want?

Hey! It's quite a long story lol-don't want to take over the OP's thread, can PM you if you want?

I don't mind! The more the merrier! :hugs:

Ok, well I had a presentation scan at 37 weeks and was more or less frightened into going for an elective c-section by the registrar I saw in the clinic :wacko:
It was something I really wanted to avoid and after getting some fab advice from the lovely Madasa on here :thumbup: I asked my midwife about at least attempting a trial of labour as baby was in a frank breech position and I wanted to experience contractions etc to help with breastfeeding if nothing else.
That was on the Friday and on the Sunday night I went into labour! I rang the hospital and they advised me to take two paracetamol and try to sleep, even though they were aware baby was breech (higher risk etc) When I went into the hospital I was scanned again and basically asked what I wanted to do! I was given the option of an 'emergency' section-just meaning that I wasn't on the theatre list for that day and would have to wait until they had a free slot or attempt an ECV (I wasn't offered an ECV previously)
I asked to see the consultant who scanned me yet again! There wasn't enough fluid for her to consider the ECV but she was happy for me to attempt to deliver-I could've kissed her!
She did say to me that with a breech delivery, if they become concerned that labour isn't progressing, they will opt for c-section, not try hormone drips etc. I decided to go for it as at least if I ended up with a c-section, I would still have tried!
This was all at about 10am, had an internal at 8pm when I was 1cm. Then was left to get on with my contractions which were every 5-7mins until 1am when my waters broke. I went to tell the midwife that I was very sorry and my waters had gone all over the bed, they were green and I needed to poo!! :haha: Went down to delivery room and was 10cm and ready to push. They put an i/v in-standard apparently in case they need to take you to theatre and I had gas and air. They did an episiotomy which again I think is standard protocol to get a bottom out first rather than a head!
Obviously every situation will be different, Erin was in an optimum position and fairly small for my size (I'm 5 11') and the hospital is experienced in breech delivery- the midwives had seen a few although it was the doctors first one! I'd definitely go for it again if I had another breech baby.
Sorry, that was so long but it was a bit of an involved process!

Thanks for that!
I hate staying in hospitals - they never seem to be short ones so if I could attempt a breech delivery I would!

What has your midwife said about it? I think it really makes a difference if they are confident about breech deliveries, otherwise they will just push c-section as the only option. The midwives at the birth centre where I had all my appointments were really in favour as well as the consultant at the hospital.

Having a C-sec can mess breastfeeding? I didn't know that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->