Where do you want to give birth?

sleepinbeauty

WTT#1 after marriage
Reaction score
...or where did you with your first ones?

Personally, I want a home birth. I'm totally into the natural side of birth--we're been doing it in our own homes for EVER, why a hospital now?--but OH wants a hospital birth so we have settled on a midwife-run center with ties to a hospital. Can't beat it: relaxed, no-so-medical with midwifery for me and security in knowing that (god-forbid) if anything were to happen, we could get the help we needed.

I am a hospital person - I would just rather it in case anything at all went wrong. I know it would all be very nice for it all go wonderfully and calmly at home but that doesn't mean as much to me as my baby and I being able to get treatement fast if we so needed it and I really don't just have myself to think about.

I totally understand your point but I guess I am just a worrier!

I hope when your time comes it is as just as you want it :)

xxx

Hospital.There were so many complications last time that I just would be so scared doing it at home.xx

i had my son in a hospital but since then its become a birthing unit so its just midwife run but the next one i will be at home no questions asked! i hated being in hospital oh isn't too sure but when we looked into it its not that different to havin bab in a birthing unit as your midwife will be with you!
:hug:

hosp defo, much more reassurin to kno everythin is ther incase anythin doesnt go to plan. can see why ppl want homebirths tho but too risky for me :) xx

Hospital every time.

All 3 of mine were hospital births.

1st was 4 weeks early, needed assisted delivery was in distress, cord compressing his neck when delivered, so needed help to breathe initially.

2nd cord round neck & needed couple of mins of oxygen to help her breathe. Most frightening 2 mins ever. Baby delivered & whisked away as was blue.
My OH was on the verge of tears & he doesn't normally cry.

3rd had irregular breathing @ birth so was given whiff of oxygen to help.

midwife led unit with a water birth - but these things don't always go to plan so will have to wait and see !!!

Definitely hospital. I'm type 1 diabetic and it would just be too dangerous for me to be anywhere else. I'll probably need to be on a glucose drip during labour or something daft like that!

It would definatley be in hospital, just in case, also it feels real when you come home from hospital (the routine) with a baby x

Gosh, I have gone back and forth on this very issue. I kind of want a home birth, but my more paranoid side is nervous that something will go wrong. I don't know if we have any mid-wife run birthing centers here, but that sounds like a happy compromise!

Hospital. When i've imagined it i've just always assumed it would be in a hospital xx

I had a really bad (well for me lol) experiance at the hospital,they are so dirty , the hospital in england, suffolk,JAMES PAGET university hospital cleans the floors every few days and i only know that because i went to the central delivery suite and my partner spilt coffee on the floor, three days later it was still there, mank . so i am defo for home births

I wanted a home water birth in the tub but hubby says that scares him for the possible complications, I do agree on that, so I'm just hoping now there might be a midwife run birthing centre that might have water births available in my little town because I don't care to give birth at work if I can help it!! The hospital is just my work it would feel weird to have something so personal happen at work! :rofl:

At first I wanted a home delivery because my boyfriends mother delivered most of her kids (he's the oldest out of 8) at home, but after talking to my Mom about her complications, ive decided on the hospital...Either way Im nervous.

My hospital has waterbirth suites, how cool is that? I thought about doing a birthing center with my first, but it was a good thing I didn't because I had massive complications, my pelvis was found to be way too narrow for my giant charlie brown headed baby (LOL) and I started bleeding. Plus I don't have a great pain tolerance and that epidural was HEAVENLY!!! So for my next probably hospital and see if I'm having another giant. :D

My hospital has waterbirth suites, how cool is that? I thought about doing a birthing center with my first, but it was a good thing I didn't because I had massive complications, my pelvis was found to be way too narrow for my giant charlie brown headed baby (LOL) and I started bleeding. Plus I don't have a great pain tolerance and that epidural was HEAVENLY!!! So for my next probably hospital and see if I'm having another giant. :D

lol that scares me for the fact that my due date was today...and i read that the baby gains half a pound a week... i keep thinking to myself the longer hes in there the bigger hes gunna be, lol. Im so greedy. At 28 weeks he was already 5 pounds 4 oz. =(

I was a week overdue and induced and he ended up being 9 lbs 3 oz...not to scare you. congrats on your future bundle of joy!!! Whatever ends up happening, it will all be ok. :D

I was a week overdue and induced and he ended up being 9 lbs 3 oz...not to scare you. congrats on your future bundle of joy!!! Whatever ends up happening, it will all be ok. :D

DEAR GOD... lol yeah....hes gunna have a big head like his daddy...:happydance:haha =) it sucks though because im sick also... sinus infections ugh.

Hospital, because im going to go in about a week before im due and have an epidural, and just wait it out
:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->