Where does your baby nap or rest during an outing?

Etoiles

Reaction score
Hi all,

I wanted to ask a question I have tried to research but could not find advice anywhere so hopefully someone here has some experience with it!

DH & I have earned reward points for a hotel so before it expires we would like to take LO for a one night away. We plan to travel in the morning after he eats and is awake so he can take a nap in the car. However, once we get to our destination I am at a loss as to how to let him nap in the afternoon. We plan to go to a farmer's market but the hotel does not let check in until 3pm. We may be able to get in earlier but if not we will be with no place for him to rest or nap for about 2-3 hours.

Have any of you gone out for the day? Where did your little one rest or nap during this time? He is not an easy napper so it will be tricky either way but does get grumpy when over tired so we need to figure something out or we will just not use the points and they will expire but it would have been nice to do something fun for one night.

I do not want to leave LO with someone else, we plan to do this with the three of us or not at all.

Will he sleep in a carrier? My lo loves sleeping in his boba! Or maybe in his stroller?

Dd naps in the car. She wont nap anywhere when we are out. Weve been to friends, family, weddings and funeral. My kids have luke a shutoff when its late enough they pass out. Ds in a chair at a campground around the fire, dd in her stroller at the wedding. She napoed once at a friends house in their bouncer.

I'd let him sleep in the stroller.

I would put him in either a carrier or in a pram and he should sleep. :) my lo even now at almost 2 will fall asleep in both the pram and the carrier

Car, carry cot on pram, stroller eventually and if all else fails our wrap carrier...

Out like a light

My lo will sleep in the pram whilst we walk around or in the car x

We went on a short vacation when my oldest was 3 months old. We brought her travel pack'n'play and of course car seat for the drive. At the time she slept very well in her car seat so naps weren't a problem at all. The hard part was getting her to sleep in the pack'n'play at night!

Then when my youngest was 4 months old we were away for a few days and she preferred napping in the pack'n'play so I stayed at the hotel during naptime. She wasn't fond of the car seat and wouldn't nap in the carrier.

With both girls we always brought milk along even if we'd only be away an hour, or else..

It really depends on the baby though. Some do well in the car seat or stroller, others prefer carriers to nap in and others need complete peace back at the hotel to nap. In any case, wishing you a nice trip! :)

We don't drive so most trips out lasted all day. She would nap in her pram or in the carrier.

You ladies must be the ones I am always so jealous of when I am out and I see babies sleeping peacefully in their stroller. :haha: Unfortunately, our little guy has a very rough time sleeping in his stroller so I guess as other suggested with the car when he gets tired maybe we will just go for a little drive to help him fall asleep.

I do have a carrier for him but he definitely does not sleep in it either, he is way too busy looking around.

I don't know why I thought there was a magic answer for this! :wacko:

We went on 2 trips when LO was roughly 6 mo old - and we planned all her naps around our sightseeing/outings.
She would mostly sleep in the car or in her stroller!

When I'm out LO usually sleeps either in her stroller or car seat. We went on a weekend trip when she was about 7 months old and she took her morning nap in the hotel room in her pack n play and she took her afternoon nap wherever we happened to be. She's the type of baby that will sleep pretty much anywhere as long as she's tired enough, so it wasn't too difficult to get her to nap. Good luck!

What kind of carrier do you have? I find that DD falls asleep easily in the Ergo with the hood up or if I have her in a wrap so that part can go over her head. I see how carriers without hoods might be more difficult for a baby to fall asleep.

I'm with you on this one hun, my lo might sleep in his pram, he might not. So last time we went out for the day he didn't and screamed all the way home because he was over tired, nightmare!, but the only suggestion is have is to by a black out thing you can put over prams and see if that helps at nap time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->