Where is my darn uterus?!

WrinklyMummy

Reaction score
I've been worried that my uterus hasn't been growing as it should, because the GP said it was just above my pubic bonea couple weeks ago and it was still there today (a hard ridge?). So I went to a different GP who listened to the heartbeat (168bpm!) and then referred me for an urgent ultrasound ($100 so not too bad for peace of mind) to check she's growing ok. Well I'm slightly out for some parts (femur on target, humerus 1 day behind, head 1 week behind, belly 2 days behind, etc. etc.) so that's classed as ok and I'm obviously relieved / reassured, but when he was doing the ultrasound he had the transducer quite high up - a couple inches below my belly button - and I was surprised as the GP today said my uterus was further down, near my pubic bone!

I expressed my surprise and all he said was "well you can see her there on the screen", so I assume that she was right below the transducer? (or do they aim it at the uterus from higher up??).

I also felt something and she moved at the same time so I guess I felt her move!!! :)

I now know not to keep leaning over in tight clothes or pressing my belly against the worktop or carrying heavy bags against my chest - as I have been doing, thinking that was just my 'food baby'! Looks like my real baby is hiding somewhere below all that flab! ;-)

Ps I'm 15 weeks tomorrow by the way (from my 12 week scan).

You are fine, don't worry. You can bend, move around & carry things like normal as much as is comfortable! Baby is well protected in there! I'm always knocking my bump, I forgot how big it is these days! It hurts me but it does no harm to baby! I carry heavy shopping bags all the time and bend over as often as you might do in life! It is really uncomfortable to bend these days but at 15 weeks, it was perfectly fine! As a rule, if it hurts or feels uncomfortable, stop doing it but otherwise continue as you are! Unless there is a medical problem obviously.

I'd very much go on what the scan said. The doctor is going on feeling your stomach whereas the scan is an actual picture of your insides! So if they could see baby higher up, that's where baby will be! Sounds like your bub is growing away, I barely showed at all until 20 weeks when my bump popped out overnight! Perfectly normal, particularly if it's your first baby! :)

Thanks Sonny, yeah I guess you're right. It's just that I'm rh negative and worry about causing mini bleeds inside from squashing and poking around!

I wasn't sure if they place the transducer way above the uterus and kind of look down on it, or if baby is right below the transducer....my belly is soft and flabby, it's hard to believe there's a baby under all that fat! I remember it being hard with all my other pregancies (but my last one was 7 years ago so I could be wrong...).

Second what SonnyH said, I'm also rh negative and I work in a job where I have to do heavy lifting, if it's something you're used to then you're fine. Just obviously don't start body building lol.
With my 12 week scan they had the scanner just below my belly button, but my uterus is retroverted this time so I think they were just trying to angle to get a good view of baby, I have my gender scan a week tomorrow so I'm hoping my uterus has gone back to normal by then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->