• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where to go for help?

windswept

Reaction score
I think I might need some sort of therapy.

We've had a tough time in the past 2.5 years, and although we've come out stronger, sometimes I feel I just need to let it all out and talk it through with someone before I can move on.

My friends are all distant - in space and time! Everyone is busy with their own families and I can't just pop round for a chat as I live so far away.

I am fine most of the time, but things spark my emotions and I go into meltdown. I don't have depression... It's more stress, but that stress has changed my whole outlook, my ability to show affection and my levels of enthusiasm or drive for life in general. I've lost any ambition. My poor husband has a cold hearted b!tch for a wife. It's only my little boy who feels my love.

Hoping these feelings will disappear when pregnancy hormones pass, but want to know where to go for help if they don't...

I'm in Scotland. Are therapists easily accessible through NHS? Is that who I need?

Thanks, Cx

I have no advise on how to get help hun- sorry. I'm in the states, so therapy is readily available through insurance- we just go to the insurance site and look for counselors in our area then call and ask questions. I have a GREAT therapist now- after a few that didn't quit feel like the best fit. So I'm sticking with her for sure.

I too went through a lot the past 2yrs-- and noticed that I would deal (well enough) with the big things- but then something very small would just push me over the edge! And I started to feel on "edge" more often than I liked- so I started seeing someone and it's helped SO much... still a work in progress, as such is life and discovering things about ourselves and trying to better things we can.

I would really recommend you talk to someone sooner than later-- it can only help. So why not? Hopefully someone else in your area can answer where to start... you could always call NHS and ask. Certainly can't hurt to try.

No matter the issues- therapy can help- if only to get those feelings out and feel better able to move forward. I started because my Mom had cancer- and have continued because I've been dealing with other physical issues since pregnancy and just overall how stressful life can be- as we just do so much. It's helped me keep better balance of my emotions-- I've also started taking SAM-e, as it helps with emotional well being as well as joint help (and I figured why not!)- it's natural... so maybe something working checking out. I started off with 400 mg each morning- and now I take 800mg and even though it's not as strong as anything prescribed- it's natural, which I like, and I do feel a bit more calm taking it- and more energy as well. Just something you might check out- there are other options as well :)

Best of luck hun- I'm sorry it's been a rough go, but glad things are looking up. Just keep being proactive and doing what you can and taking a moment to just breathe as needed. Take care of you too! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->