Where to start - nappies?

Maybebaby80

Reaction score
Hi all

I have been reading through all your very informative posts for a while now and am getting a bit of an understanding of the world of real nappies!

I have contacted nappylady and she recommended bumgenius and Bambinex Teddy at a total cost of £300!!!

I think I would prefer to try a few different nappies on my baby before committing to buying so I wondered what I should be ordering to try on my baby?

Thanks for any suggestions :thumbup:

It is a VERY good idea to try before you buy, are you going to buy new or second hand ones to try out? It is a good idea to buy a few second hand, as they are cheaper and you can sell them on again easily if you don't get on with them. Try www.usednappies.co.uk and www.clothnappytree.com . New ones are just fine though, but you have to wash quite a few times before you buy, so works our more expensive if you don't like them, as they wouldn't sell for as much as you bought them for, whereas a second hand one would.

£300 is a lot, how many were you thinking of getting?

Bumgenius are good and very reliable, other popular ones are Fuzzi Bunz, Pop In, Blueberry, Itti Bitti, Tots Bots, Bambinex, Motherease, and then there are loads more!

Have you decided if you are getting pockets/fitteds/all in ones?

:D

Thanks for your reply and the suggested websites! I have lots of research to do!

I think I am tending towards pocket nappies but the fitted ones have been suggested as good for night time.

I have bought a couple of packs of disposables but desperately want to get onto the real ones as soon as possible.

I think a lot of people prefer pockets, they dry very fast, which is good and you can get some very cute ones! Don't worry about using disposables for the first week or two, it's good to get the manky poos out of the way! :)

:hi: hun just wanted to add my twopence worth, i wouldnt use fitted on a nighttime!! they tend to get quite wet all around and imo that wouldnt be that nice ??? i would (and i'm sure kirsten would too) recommend Pop ins for nighttimes :) - i do have one fitted nighttime nappy (a GoodMama Goodnight) and this somehow wicks away :) but they are pretty expensive new and you have to get em from America:)

i also agree that buying lots of different types preloved, that way you can try lots of different types for the price you would get say 5-7 new BG etc :) hope that helps some hun :)

sara

xxxxx

I would def recommend trying loads, thats what we did and now we are settled on our favs, for a fraction of a "kit" :)

I use bamboo fitteds with Imi at night and she sleeps for 12hours (13 last night!!) and they last her just fine. I boost them with bamboo and pop a fleece liner in and she is dry on waking :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->