Where will baby sleep?

In a cot in our bedroom for the first 6 months.

She will go directly into her own room.

Moses basket and then crib beside our bed for 6 months. Basket will also be used downstairs for daytime sleeps - I'm determined not to let this baby nap on me as much as DD did!

We will be having LO in a moses basket in our room and then will put them into a cot, also in our room, once they are big enough. This is what we did last time and it worked well for us in terms of feeding and comforting in the night. We didn't move DS into his own room until he was 18months old as we got along great in one room even though the nursery was ready before he arrived!

Little one will be in a moses basket in the same room as us for as long as she has to be...when I feel the time is right I will move her to her own room...probably around 6 months as that's when I moved my son x

i dont like the thought of 'co-sleeping' i personally think it makes baby too attached and then its really hard to get them in their own bed/bedroom. i know this isnt the same for everyone but i know someone who regrets letting her LO sleep with them, she now cant have her sleep anywhere else, and personally i think its dangerous.
atm i have a cot set up in the baby room, just in case, i have a moses basket which im planned on putting up in our bedroom which will be at the side of me, and i have also just been given a crib (small cot) incase he is either too big for a moses basket or doesnt like the idea of one, we may also put the moses basket in the crib as we have dogs, it would be alot more sturdy just incase, im planning on having baby in our room until he has a good routine, but who knows, these plans may change x

He will be in a moses basket in our room until he is big enough/ ready to move into his own room with his cotbed :)

In bed with me in the spare room for as long as he needs. DS1 'still' bed shares and will be in with daddy so neither of them are disturbed by baby's feeding.

In a cradle next to my side of the bed until he out grows it.
1st bub went into his own room from birth, I ended up sleeping on the floor in his room for 6 weeks because I couldn't handle being away from him. Once I moved back to my room we had a monitor and a movement pad under his mattress :)
2nd bub was in a bassinet next to me for 3-4 months until he outgrew and moved into his own room and same deal as DS1.

We'll attach a cot to the bed and she'll sleep in there; although, I know she'll just end up in our bed if I'm breastfeeding throughout the night. :)

I'll be sleeping in the nursery with new lo in moses basket, (who am I kidding, prob in bed with me).
They are awfully noisy in the beginning, it's nice to be close so you can give them a quick peep and know they are ok. And keep your bed warm when feeding them.

It's nice to hear so many cosleepers out there. I felt a terrible mother for doing it last time, but it was the only way to get any sleep at all. (trying my hardest to let the "too attached" comment slide)

Agreed, We put off co-sleeping last time and it was exhausting as it's clearly what DS wanted and I am sure it affected our BF relationship.

This time I'm MUCH more confident (and forthright!), more clued up on safe co-sleeping and the fourth trimester, and not worried that my tiny, scared, needy newborn may become 'too attached' :)

Wish we had space for baby in bed but even with a king size we are squashed just the two of us. I settle for after dh leaves for work at 5.30 and Co naps xx

Co-sleeping for the first 4 months, crib in our room from 4-6 months and then own room from 6 months on.

I'm a bit scared to fully co-sleep, especially as LO will be an autumn baby and in the autumn/winter I need a 15-tog quilt to feel anywhere near warm, and I think that'll be too hot for baby. I like the idea of a co-sleeping cot, so LO has their own space but is right next to me. I hope to be able to bf, so having LO right there should make things a lot easier. We plan to have LO stay in with us until 6 months, and then move to a cot in the nursery.

We're probably going to co-sleep though I'm a little nervous and unsure about it because I can be a very messy sleeper (I toss and turn a lot). We're looking at a co-sleeper cot and we have also been given a Moses basket so we'll play it by ear I think!

People are already giving me hassle about co-sleeping :wacko:

We're probably going to co-sleep though I'm a little nervous and unsure about it because I can be a very messy sleeper (I toss and turn a lot). We're looking at a co-sleeper cot and we have also been given a Moses basket so we'll play it by ear I think!

People are already giving me hassle about co-sleeping :wacko:

Well my midwife recommended I did.
And my hv in the early days just said whatever works for you and made sure I had the correct info on safe co sleep xx

Wish we had space for baby in bed but even with a king size we are squashed just the two of us. I settle for after dh leaves for work at 5.30 and Co naps xx

Wow you're squashed in a king size?? They're huge! We had 4 in our queen!! :haha:

Our hospital BF policy actually states that they will advise us on safe co-sleeping, so it's becoming much more accepted. The fact that the old 'Cot-death' studies which blamed co-sleeping were flawed has finally begun to modify health professionals attitudes towards bed sharing. Sofa-sleeping is not safe. Baby sleeping with a smoker or someone under the influence is not safe. Baby under a duvet is not safe.

It is entirely possible to bed share safely if done properly.

It's great to see that more healthcare professionals are recommending co-sleeping and offering support to parents. We definitely seem a little behind in Ireland in that regard :( My friends tell me that they've had to lie to people because they were getting so much hassle for co-sleeping. I think it's so natural though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->