Where will baby sleep?

Also to the PP who said co-sleeping makes babies too attached. I don't understand how it is even possible for an infant to be "too attached". For us co-sleeping has been amazing and especially in the early days is the only reason we get any sleep!

Wish we had space for baby in bed but even with a king size we are squashed just the two of us. I settle for after dh leaves for work at 5.30 and Co naps xx

Wow you're squashed in a king size?? They're huge! We had 4 in our queen!! :haha:

Queen in the uk is bigger than king?
Single is 3ft, 4ft6 double and 5ft king. Dh is 6ft3 and I'm 5ft7 and I'd be happier in a 6ft bed lol.
Xx

Wish we had space for baby in bed but even with a king size we are squashed just the two of us. I settle for after dh leaves for work at 5.30 and Co naps xx

Wow you're squashed in a king size?? They're huge! We had 4 in our queen!! :haha:

Single is 3ft, 4ft6 double and 5ft king. Dh is 6ft3 and I'm 5ft7 and I'd be happier in a 6ft bed lol.
Xx

Oh really lol?? Here the Queen is just about 5' and a King is 6'-4"! Also you and your OH are the exact same heights as us! :haha:
We're buying ourselves a King in the next few weeks - I can't wait! :thumbup:

Xx

Oh really lol?? Here the Queen is just about 5' and a King is 6'-4"! Also you and your OH are the exact same heights as us! :haha:
We're buying ourselves a King in the next few weeks - I can't wait! :thumbup:

Wish we had space!
We live in a 1.5 bed cottage xx

From birth until I feel he's ready (probably 5-6 months old) - he'll be right next to me in a crib by our bed. But I want him to be comfortable in his room too, so I'll try to do nap times and reading time in his room and him use his crib.

Our little boy will be in his own little room, in his own little crib. I would love for him to have his own little bassinet for awhile and sleep in with us, though our room is tiny for the most part. :haha:

It'll probably be better for lovey and I as well so we can kinda "wake up" along the few steps we take.

Western medical world's full of asshats. What do they think mothers elsewhere have been doing for millennia? They have us right where they want us, in order to profit from fear. *hurls*

She will be in our room for the 1st year.. Don't know if that will be in her crib or in my bed! But either way she is in with us :cloud9: x

My dh built a stand and bungee cord arrangement so the basket is attached to the bed at the same height as us so we can see and touch each other but not in the same bed. Cosleeping is great but not for us personally.

From birth until I feel he's ready (probably 5-6 months old) - he'll be right next to me in a crib by our bed. But I want him to be comfortable in his room too, so I'll try to do nap times and reading time in his room and him use his crib.

Just so you know - and I'm not strict on this myself, they recommend being in the same room as you for all sleeps, so downstairs with you in the day and until you go up to bed.
Xx

Initially in moses basket in our room next to the bed. When he grows out of that we will put a cot up in our room for however long he needs it. Then he will into his own room around 6/7 months :)

Also to the PP who said co-sleeping makes babies too attached. I don't understand how it is even possible for an infant to be "too attached". For us co-sleeping has been amazing and especially in the early days is the only reason we get any sleep!

This is just my opinion, just by what i have seen and been told, like i say, a friend of mine has her baby sleep in her bed with her, she says she regrets this as now her 1 YO baby wont sleep anywhere else but in her bed or next to her, she cant have anyone else look after her LO over night, she recently had a party to go to she couldn't drink all night and had to disturb her baby sitter to pick LO up late at night so she could take her home to bed as she wouldn't settle sleeping else where.
I know your baby is far more important than a party and im not saying i dont want to co-sleep just so i can go partying, that's the last thing ill be doing, but for any reason when a overnight baby sitter is needed its not fair on both baby and baby sitter!
i also see the dangers in co-sleeping, and by co-sleeping i mean sharing a bed with you, not the cribs that attatch to the bed. ive heard many stories where parents have laid on their baby, my OH's gran knows someone who put baby in bed with her, she is a light sleeper and usually wakes to anything, on this particular night she woke with the baby laid at the bottom of the bed and the baby had suffocated through the night. id be far too terrified this would happen so personally wouldn't take the risk.
Im not judging any parent that bed shares, its entirely up to the individual, i think its great many people manage it and have the best of luck with it, i just personally would rather have my own space and give baby his own space too.

^^^ Yeah, I'm scared of putting the duvet over the baby's face, so we're attaching a 3-sided crib to the side of the bed.

Redlemonade - I'm planning on getting a snuzpod. I like that it has the little mesh panel to keep baby in their space but they're not completely separate if that makes any sense at all? There are loads of options for cosleeper cots if it is something that you were interested in? xx

Redlemonade - I'm planning on getting a snuzpod. I like that it has the little mesh panel to keep baby in their space but they're not completely separate if that makes any sense at all? There are loads of options for cosleeper cots if it is something that you were interested in? xx

That's one of the ones I was looking at too! I think I'd feel much better with a co sleeper cot, especially initially.

I was initially set on the NCT bednest until I saw one in real life - it just seemed so flimsy!

I'm wondering if it is worth having a moses basket for day time naps downstairs?

I was initially set on the NCT bednest until I saw one in real life - it just seemed so flimsy!

I'm wondering if it is worth having a moses basket for day time naps downstairs?

I've got a travel cot with bassinet for daytime sleeping downstairs :thumbup: good for baby and great for storage x

Neither of my boys ever took to a Moses basket, goodness knows why. DS1 always slept in car seat, bouncer or push chair until he was 1 (he would only go in his cot at night, refused point blank in the day) and started napping properly in his cot after he was 1. DS2 loves sleeping on the sofa, it's fine ATM but I need to start rethinking this as obviously he'll be trying to roll soon, I might do sofa pillows on the floor. Having said that he's much better at being put down to sleep than his brother (so long as it's not a Moses basket!) so I may try in his cot. Most babies outgrow their Moses baskets by 3 months anyways so it's not always realistic to have baby next to you for every sleep until 6 months, but I will be hovering!

I think it's worth having a Moses basket for "portable" sleeping, but I wouldn't spend a lot in case, a push chair carry cot is just as good if you're buying that.

Just so you know - and I'm not strict on this myself, they recommend being in the same room as you for all sleeps, so downstairs with you in the day and until you go up to bed.
Xx

Hmm, good point. Well, then as we get closer to bringing LO into his own room, I might start doing nap time in there. And at least do reading time and stuff in the nursery as well. But yeah, early months he'll be napping right by me. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->