Where will your baby nap during the day?

Smudge101

Reaction score
I've opted for a gliding crib in the bedroom for nighttime sleeping rather than a Moses basket so it's not easily moveable.

I'm just wondering where baby will nap during the day if I wanted to have then downstairs rather than taking them upstairs to the crib all the time.

I'm lucky I've got a Moses basket with 2 stands. One will be in bedroom, one in living room. Means me just having to bring the basket down in the morning and up again in the evening.

I'm going to make use of the carry cot section if the pram downstairs, Moses basket or cot bed upstairs.

He'll be in the Moses basket if he's not having a nap on the floor with Daddy while he watches tv/plays Xbox.

Moses basket in the lounge. I have a cotbed upstairs

I'm getting one of those travel cots with the attachable changing table. We don't want to go up and down with baby too much and we figure it will be good to have somewhere to put baby when he's a little older as well so I can get some things done while he's somewhere safe.

either in a sling on me, in the carry cot section of the pram down stairs or in his cot in his room. If he is in his room & I want to have a sleep to, we have a double bed in his room, so I can stay up there & get a bit of rest at the same time.

Moses basket in my room, cot in her own room for when she moves in and she can sleep in her pram for naps in the sitting room

I'm in the US, and cosleep, but during the day, we will be using the "Rock n Play" for naps again. Easy to move to any room, High enough off the floor to be out of animal/ toddler zone, and worked great for my sons.

Baby bouncer or on the floor. I had a moses for dd and she lasted 2 weeks in it due to her size. She was happy enough on the floor on a load of blankets or in her bouncer.
She didnt like lying flat though and was often on her tummy.

Moses basket, travel cot, carry cot or bouncy chair.
Didnt realise we had so many options lol!

Have 2 Moses baskets one in living room for during the day and one in our room for on a night. X

I think in the rocker or in the cot in his room. At night for the first few weeks he will be in our room in the basinette so maybe the cot day sleeps might help him get used to it for when he moves in there at night?

I used to take the moses basket up and down the stairs in the early days then opted for the carry cot from the pram, now she sleeps in the travel cot! This LO will probably use the travel cot or if they are both sleeping together then the double pram...fingers crossed for double naps so I can get my feet up ;)

Thanks guys

I've just bought a travel cot with a basinette which was half price in babies r us. Intended for when we go away in October but also thought could have it up in the living room for daytime naps if necessary.

Hopefully this'll stop the 'wobble' I was having about it!

i Have a family heirloom moses basket which is way too heavy to be lifted up and down stairs. Ii am planning on baby sleeping upstairs for her afternoon sleep if i am likely to be staying in and around house or in the pram downstairs if i have been out/likely to go out.

One of my main reasons for popping baby upstairs for afternoon nap is to allow the older kids who will be holiday to play/watch tv/have friends round without worrying they will wake her.

I also have a beanbag style rocker and a swing that she could sleep in if downstairs. i bought a samsonsite pop up cot off ebay for taking on holiday with us and it is so small and portable I will probably take that to frends or my mums if we are visiting.

I have a bassinet with wheels, but we have received so many hand me down we have a vibrating saucer, bouncer chair, swing...big teddy floor pillow...and ME...so many options

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->