Where will your baby sleep?

Moses basket in mummy's room for a while till I'm ready to let her go.Then she moves into a cot in her nursery....:)

I'm living at my mums so LO will be in a moses basket in my room

I'm looking to have my own place by Xmas but even then LO will be in a cot in my room till I feel ready to put her in her own room..........Probably when she's 18 then :blush:

xxxx

I'm planning on having my LO in bed with me, I'm going to do lots of reading (have ordered books) and make sure I follow all the safety precautions as there's no way I'd put my LO at risk but believe that it's the right place for my LO to be.

I'm getting quite strong views on this which I don't think I should have til I've tried it out and seen what it's like but it's what my instincts are telling me is right and I'm not arguing with them unless I find out they're wrong.

x

Im assuming you are breast feeding then?
Ive heard this is best if you are, as it will make it easier dur in the night.

Im assuming you are breast feeding then?
Ive heard this is best if you are, as it will make it easier dur in the night.

I'm hoping to - I'm trying to cut out all the unnecessary stuff that we're 'supposed' to get when having a baby, so I'm not getting a cot / moses basket / pram until I've tried the alternative. I'm not ruling any of them out completely, I just don't want to buy things if I don't think they're going to be any good for my LO.

Might find out I've been really naive but won't know until I've tried it and I'm not going to try anything that could harm LO x

Ours will be sleeping in a snuggle nest in the bed with us. We've also got a crib "just in case", will have to see how it goes. But I'm planning on the snuggle nest to be the main sleeping spot for at least the first months.

We are doing a mixture of co-sleeping and using a cot :)

In a bassinet in our room. And then when she is too big for that we will get a crib for our room.

I only have one bedroom for now. Which will probably be frustrating, but the bassinet has wheels, so I can wheel her out into the living room if I have to. :)

in our room in a moses basket for atleast 6 months cos of cot death risk i did this with my daughter and then moved into her cot and she slept perfectly.

We've got little one's bedroom all ready with his/her own cot etc, but my sister has given us a moses basket so that baby can sleep in our room for the first few months. Our bedroom isnt big enough to fit a cot in, and there's no way i could sleep with a baby in bed with me (im a fidget, and get hot...would worry i'd roll onto baby or something horrible by accident).

keely.

Thee is honestly no room for baby in our room, at all, unless I put it in one of my dresser drawers or something. The nursery is right across the hall, though, so I'll be there in .05 seconds if it even twitches!

My dad and all 8 of his brothers/sisters slept in a drawer, I did consider this because I'm a bit of a scrooge but then we were given a rocking cradle and cot so he'll be in a cradle in our room for the first 6 months at least then hopefully into his nursery in a cot

Our little LO will be in our room in moses basket till 5/6 months then in cot in their own room next door, which is almost ready! just waiting for fella 2 put the flooring down so we can put cot etc up! cant wait! xx

Our LO will be sleeping ina moses basket till they grow out of it then a cot in our bedroom till i feel ready for the baby to sleep in the nursery :)

My LO will probably be in my room for about 2 years, yes it is a long time, but when you have boisterous boys running around, you have to do what you have to do.
Ill have to get a saftey gate for the staires though, because my kids will rescue him/her when they want to get out, im sure of it, lol.

Moses baskets are great, but babies only tend to fit on them for about 2-3 months, they grow like wild fire in the first few monthes. I like the idea of putting them in the basket in the cot, seems very logical.

I wont be putting this one in my bed at all, did it with all my others when they dident want to sleep in thier cots, and i had alot of difficulty getting them out of it again (and still am, lol) Plus, im a rough sleeper and hubby aint much better lol.
But ive read in numerous books that it is totally safe when you are breast feeding, and that nest idea is a good one.

Baby will be with us for around the first 6 months then into the nursery !

We plan to have bubs in a moses basket next to the bed for however long it works - but I'm flexible with what'll happen when she arrives. We'll do whatever works for all of us with the space we've got - we live in a one bed flat so I might move into the living room or something if OH isn't getting any sleep.

I have my moses basket all ready, so no doubt will have Grape in with me and Mark for the first few months, but definatly want the routine of sleeping in his/her nursery. Hmmm who knows till Grape arrives.

baby'll be in with us for year/year and a half/ two years or so. Moses basket at first and then onto a cot

My sister is giving us a bassinet too... Im not sure if I will actually use it, if my OH is working days id kind of like to be able to let him sleep... and having the baby in the room with us would just be too disruptive IMO, so she may just be going to her own crib to sleep...

I actually dont know alot of people who use bassinets, my sister used them in her room because she was in a small apartment. But with her other children they all started out in cribs. And most others I know just start them out in the cribs right from the start.

moses basket on stand at end of our bed. as we only have the one bed room. i also plan to breast feed so its easier if baby is near by. but hopefully we will live somewhere else within a year.

I'm back living with my parents until I graduate and get a job, so God knows how long that'll be. My parents are switching rooms with me and giving me the Master bedroom so I'm turning one section of that into a nursery type thing and having my living space in the main part. Then hopefully by the time she needs a toddler bed my sister'll have moved away to uni and we'll play musical bedrooms again.

Either that or we'll do up the basement into a suite type thing and both move downstairs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->