Where's my period??

kmac87

Waiting for our lil girl
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this but here it goes...

I had my dd on 8/14 and got my tubes tied on 10/15. I had a 3 day period on 10/17, 18, & 19 which was pretty light. My periods are normally 5 days and really heavy at least 3 out of the 5 days. Then I had a 1 day "period" on 11/6 and have not bled since. If the 3 day period was my period, I am nearly 3 weeks late. My periods are text book. I never miss. I had the Mirena for a total of 4.5 years and never missed or slowed down. I am breastfeeding and supplementing, but it still doesn't make sense that I would bleed for 3 days then stop. Anyone have any advice?

No advice but I still haven't had a period since I had my lo on 7/30. No bleeding whatsoever since my lochia stopped. I was trying to breastfeed but supplementing but my milk stopped and hes been on formula since 3 months. Maybe your bleeding was just breakthrough bleeding or possibly something to do with having your tubes tied? Im not sure maybe call you doctor to see what they say

Had Lo 7/7/2014 and had my period nov 9th. I also stopped breastfeeding one week prior

Breastfeeding can do weird things to your cycle. With my DS we combi-fed from 3 weeks old due to a low supply, but my period didn't come back until 6 months.

With my DD I've been ebf and I had some light spotting for a few days at 7 months pp (my periods are usually 8 - 9 days and heavy) and then nothing until last week (so 6 weeks later) and now I've had my first proper AF since her birth, at almost 9 months pp.

So the light bleed after your surgery could be a result of the procedure and any impact on your hormones it might have had OR it could just be a light period as a result of breastfeeding.

If you're worried you can always call and ask your doctor but it sounds pretty normal to me :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->