Which boys name do you prefer?

Wish85

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
I'm not pregnant yet, we are TTC #2 so this is just for fun but I have a favourite boys name and my OH has a different favourite so I'm interested to see which is preferred by others :thumbup:

I voted Bodhi James, Lane is more of a female name to me :flower:

Thanks Lucasmum. I have read a few boards on google where some people say it's a feminine name but maybe it depends where you are from? I'm in Australia & it's not a common name here at all. My OH has only ever met one and he was male. The only well known female I know is Layne Beachley whereas there are a ton of well known male Lane's - Lane Garrison, Lane Frost, Layne Staley (Nine Inch Nails), Lane Kiffin, Lane Davies etc...

I'm also from Australia and definitely think its a boys name. I think Lainie/Lanie is a girls name, but just Lane? Masculine to me :flower:

I'm not in to Bodhi and find it kinda bogan-y so I picked Lane.

I voted Bodhi James! I like Lane Patrick, but I'm one who thinks "girl" with the name Lane. Happy conceiving :)

The only Lane I've ever known is a man so I think of it as a boy's name though I think in actuality it's fairly unisex. I tend prefer unisex names on boys anyway. :)

I want to like Bodhi but it immediately makes me think of Point Break and I hate that movie, so I can't disassociate and it turns me off. :haha:

Thank you for your opinions, girls xx

I LOVE Bodhi but when i was pregnant people said he would get called Bogey which put me off but I still love it even down to the spelling x

I LOVE Bodhi but when i was pregnant people said he would get called Bogey which put me off but I still love it even down to the spelling x

Bogey :haha: never would have thought people would come up with that. Just out of curiosity, what did you end up naming your son?

I voted Bodhi! I'm in the states so maybe that's why but I associate Lane with a female (particularly Lane Kim from the show Gilmore Girls lol)

I love both but prefer Bodhi. I saw your sons name is Taj and I think Taj and Bodhi go really well together.

Neither really take my fancy, but Lane is the least likely of the two that I would choose. I just think of street related words and don't see it as a name (though I can see it is), I think of someone walking down the road.

I prefer Bodhi James if I had to choose although neither are quite my 'style'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->