which brand for bottles do you prefer?

ChrissyC90

Reaction score
Dr. Browns, Born Free, or Avent?

I plan to breast feed but in case for any reason i can't I want to be prepared. I breastfed my 1st so never used a bottle for her.

We use avent - it has some sort of special flow thing so that the babies dont get gas...my daughter rarely has tummy troubles...she is 4.5 months and i can count on one hand the number of times she has been gassy

il also be breastfeeding, i bought these bottles expecialy designed for breastfeeding so that partner can feed baby and it doesnt get nipple confusion, there called breastflow, i got a starter kit of 3 full size bottles teats and breastpump for £15 quid and they seem really good :)

I use Avent.

My LO is 13 weeks and has never had any problems with wind yet *touch wood!*

xxx

I had the avent ones and thought my LO would like them and when it came time to take a bottle she refused. So when she started daycare I had to go get the First Year's Breastflow bottles and she loves them...no trouble going back and forth between bottle and breast.

i like dr browns but find them a bit faffy. I love nuby ones, theyre cheap and LO one loves them xx

Avent hun, they have an anti colic ring. My lillie is 14 weeks and has had tumm ache once! Xx

mam the only bottles she would drink effectively from after i finished breast feeding :)

Avent :thumbup: we tried a dilfrax bottle just for hell of it but it didnt feel as quality as the Avent. Oh and the anti colic ring is a nice idea.

I love my dr brown bottles :) They are a little hard to clean though

I've had probs with avent bottles leaking so now I use mam and they are fab.

When DS was first born we were using TT ones as I was BF and expressing. We used TT until he was about 8 weeks old and transfered over to MAM and never looked back.

Bought a load of Tommee Tippe before having LO, he refuses to use them. Have Avent and they are great

It's not so much what bottles us mommies prefer, it's what your little one will prefer and until she is here it's hard to say. I planned to exclusively breastfeed, not a drop of formula, and pump so that DH could feed him sometimes as well so they could bond and I could get a little extra sleep at night. Unfortunately, circumstances occurred and breastfeeding is near impossible. I suffer extremely low supply (pumping every 2 hours I max out at 8ounces a day), LO has a bad latch, insufficient milk removal, and gets distressed at the breast. So bottles have become a big thing for us. Before he was born we bought several Tommee Tippee bottles because I read they were the most natural for breastfeeding moms. He has a problem latching onto them and he dribbles most of it out the side. So we switched to Avent which seemed to be a great improvement, but he still dribbled a bit and had a tendency to eat too fast which caused spitup issues. Now he's on Nuk bottles and they are just wonderful, no dribbling, minimal spitup. The best thing I can suggest is buy one or two bottles of the brand you think you'd like and see how it goes once she's here. I've learned very well that just because mommy likes it, doesn't mean baby will. We've had the same problem with binkies- gone through 3 brands before finding one HE likes and it definitely wasn't the one I picked out. Of course lol.

I brought a pack of 3 from ASDA for £2, theyre fine. Why pay £10+ extra for brand names??? I use to use TT, gave her bad wind. Avent are good, but no longer paying there prices.

My LO uses TT and Avent. She isnt fussed which bottle we use but I prefer TT as Avent sometimes leak in my bag! x

I dont breastfeed, but i got a freebe bottle, 'Breastflow'! And my son drinks from it with no problems. He will drink from any bottle lol. Here is the website https://www.breastflow.co.uk/BuyNow.htm
my friend uses them when she needs a break, and her lo uses them fine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->