Which brand for vests/sleepsuits for bigger bottom babies i.e. reusable nappies?

onedaybaby

Mum of 1 and TTC no2
Reaction score
We bought a whole set of second hand but unused birth to potty bamboo nappies by Little Lamb off ebay for a great price during our first pregnancy earlier in year (which we sadly lost).

But the question is will any shop brand of baby clothes fit? Which ones would people recommend to accommodate a fluffier bottom? Do you go a size bigger?
We were going to buy 0-3 month anyway and skip newborn size.

Very excited about becoming a mum next year, have wanted it for so long but now I feel quite apprehensive even thought I know exactly what to do (bit more confident as I trained as a nursery nurse but am now a housewife), and really looking forward to co-sleeping, baby-wearing, breastfeeding and avoiding lots of the plastic modern trappings of baby rearing these days.

Thanks!
Onedaybaby

I found that normal supermarket baby clothes in the right size for baby's age/weight were fine for us. With bulkier night nappies we sometimes used vest extenders but apart from that it was all fine. Even though cloth nappies can look bulky, they're usually quite squishy so you can get them in clothes.

Towards the end of the age range I found we needed vest extenders with Little Lambs, because if there is too much pressure in the nappy area they have a tendency to wick (especially with Little Lamb wraps). We had Sainsbury's and Mothercare, mostly, which were fine, however I found Tesco ran smaller.

You could go a size up, though, I believe many people do. LLs are the bulkiest of my stash and if I was using them alone I would definitely size up on bodysuits (also because I have a horrible knack of shrinking clothes and they'd no longer fit in the body :( ) Trousers I find can be tight depending on what they're made of - denim is often stiff and unforgiving, so I rarely put Adam in jeans, I prefer soft knitted cotton jogging bottom type trousers with elasticated waists.

You can get clothes cut for cloth nappies I think, though it's not something I've looked into properly.

Congratulations on your baby, really hope everything goes well! :D

any brand really, although I always just do up one popper (usually vests have 3 so I do up the middle one) and that gives a bit more room...

although sometimes gives abigail nappy camel-toe :rofl:

Camel toe, eww :lol:

We stopped using vests over summer, not sure if we will use them again for winter but we always went one size ahead for the length

haha its just the one popper up the middle squishes the insert in two :blush:

Lol Twiggy!

I read on here earlier that frugi compensate for cloth bums, and their clothes are lovely! Well for boys anyway, not sure about girls!

I suggest not buying to many clothes before your lo is born anyway as it's hard to judge, and you'll be surprised how many you end up being given and arnt used! Xx

The problem with buying one size above is that they tend to be too wide for my lo as she is quite skinny. Frugi is cut especially for cloth bums... and the quality is fab! a bit more expensive but well worth it.
Otherwise, vest extenders work well.

https://www.welovefrugi.com/baby-clothes/cut4cloth/product_list.htm

Vest extenders are great for vests, and best of all, you only need to buy one set, because they swop from size to size, so even when you do have to fnally move up a size, you can use the same vest extenders when you start to need them with the new size vests IYKWIM!

any brand really, although I always just do up one popper (usually vests have 3 so I do up the middle one) and that gives a bit more room...

although sometimes gives abigail nappy camel-toe :rofl:

that just mad my day!
:rofl:

What is the best store to get vest extenders from?
Lyrik Is already tall and with cloth on she will be so big for her normal vests

lol depends if you want plain ones or pretty ones lol onesie bummsie
I like these ones lol, not sure what shipping would be though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back