Which breastpump is best?

Maries_s

Reaction score
I want to buy a new breastpump for this baby. With my first one I ended up with a second hand medela breastpump and I never felt comfortable with the matter it was a second hand. So I decided to invest in a brand new breastpump and I'm looking for option. I was convinced that I wanted the Medela pump in a style- double electric but now with the Medela Sonata out I'm not sure.
I have a couple of factors to consider:
-This is probably my last baby
-I'm planning to breastfeed for a year
-Last time I exclusive nurse my baby for 13 months and I barely use my breastpump but this time I want to be able to pass a little of responsibility to DH and take breaks.
-I want to store my breastmilk (I failed in this last time and struggled every time I have to let my baby alone with DH)

What do you think are my best options? Have you heard any reviews about the Sonata? Did you like other brand?

I liked my tommee tippee closer to nature electric one. But then I was fine with a medela one I hired too

I have a Lansinoh electric one and a Lansinoh manual one and they're both great :)

I second Bevs recommendation for the Lanisoh electric pump. I am breastfeedingDS but using the pump everyday to build up a freezer stash.

I'm scared to try a different brand because health insurance gave me an Evenflo single electric breastpump and was the worse!! I ended up throwing the machine in the trash can and buying a medela manual breastpump because if was an emergency.
Is the performance of your machine is good? You never had any issue?

Have you heard about the Spectra breastpump? I've been seeing really good reviews.

I came on to ask the same question. I lent my manual Tommee Tippee to someone, and I have the feeling that they have replaced it for whatever reason with a second hand one. The box has a £4 price tag...

The TT was ok but I'm sure there is better but all my bottles were TT so it makes it easier. The manual is in Asda for £15 electric on amazon for £35.

I liked my tommee tippee closer to nature electric one. But then I was fine with a medela one I hired too

Did you notice much of a difference between them?

The medala one was more powerful and a double so I got done quicker but if anything I got more milk using the tommee tippee. I'm gutted as I just realised I chucked mine as it came back from my sil really discoloured. Don't really want to fork out for a new one so hoping to just exclusively bf and not need one

Thanks for that reply. The TT electric gets really mixed reviews.

I decided to buy the Spectra S2 or S1 this came with good reviews and win over the medela since is a close system and is hospital grade. I hope not to be wrong.

I decided to buy the Spectra S2 or S1 this came with good reviews and win over the medela since is a close system and is hospital grade. I hope not to be wrong.

I do not know anyone personally who uses it, but I have heard good things and hospital grade pumps are usually good. I think you will like it.

That said, it sounds like you only plan to pump occasionally, and a less expensive one would probably suffice. I pumped 3x a day working full time and you need a workhorse for that, I actually went through a couple of pumps in the 18 months I worked and pumped. Now I use a manual pump for the occasional pumping needs.

I have the Spectra S2 and LOVE it. I had a Medela PIS before with my first, and the Spectra was light years better for me. I was able to get mine through insurance, but I would have paid the money easily. It was/is awesome!

I have the Spectra S2 and LOVE it. I had a Medela PIS before with my first, and the Spectra was light years better for me. I was able to get mine through insurance, but I would have paid the money easily. It was/is awesome!
Thank you for the reassurance I definitely want to try this breastpump. Did you have any problem? I read that I can buy and adapter and use all my medela accessories.

Did you notice much of a difference between them?

The medala one was more powerful and a double so I got done quicker but if anything I got more milk using the tommee tippee. I'm gutted as I just realised I chucked mine as it came back from my sil really discoloured. Don't really want to fork out for a new one so hoping to just exclusively bf and not need one

Broody thanks very much for your reply's. I took the plunge and got the TT electric from Amazon at £35, used it for the first time this morning. I managed to fill a 150ml bottle in about 10 mins. It is a much better pump than the manual one that I used last time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->