Which Christening Gown...

Armywife

Mummy to 2 beauties
Reaction score
...should i buy for Poppy's upcoming Baptism? I like both equally but just can't decide!

https://www.christening-gowns.com/p...Louise_Ivory_Christening_Gown_Jacket_n_Bonnet

OR

https://www.christening-gowns.com/p..._Darlings_Ivory_Duchess_Silk_Christening_Gown

I know they are both really different but i love them both and can't choose! Her baptism is in 3 weeks so need to get a move on! :dohh:

Thanks ladies! :flower:

i like the 1st 1 altho both are gorgeous

#2.. I can't believe how much you are spending!! lol

Oh they're both nice!!!

Number 1 is classic and number two is elegant. As for photographing I think number 2 would come out nicer is pictures as its less shinny and picks up the light beautifully.

Good luck let us know!

They're both very beautiful, but I like no.1 the best.

#2.. I can't believe how much you are spending!! lol

We're not! :haha: We were using one which was mine and has been in my family for generations but, well its a long story but it was accidentally ruined by a family member! :dohh: My grandma is buying one which we intend to be passed down through the generations and is quite insistant on the quality! xx

Special gowns like this are even more special when passed down :flower: its totally worth the money for quality. :D

I totally agree! To be honest i prefer number 1 and it was the one we fell in love with the minute we saw it but then when we tried it on Poppy in the shop the womans ring pulled the fabric so badly it left a hole (the jacket is like a voile material). All that puts me off is, if it was that easy to pull (the ring was nothing extra ordinary) then what are the chances of it being ruined on the day as most people wear jewellery and us being unable to use it again?

Did that make sense?! :dohh: :shrug:

I totally agree! To be honest i prefer number 1 and it was the one we fell in love with the minute we saw it but then when we tried it on Poppy in the shop the womans ring pulled the fabric so badly it left a hole (the jacket is like a voile material). All that puts me off is, if it was that easy to pull (the ring was nothing extra ordinary) then what are the chances of it being ruined on the day as most people wear jewellery and us being unable to use it again?

Did that make sense?! :dohh: :shrug:

Gosh, in the photographs number 1 looks more robust than number 2 - just goes to show you can't rely on pictures. Did you try number 2 also? I wonder if the lacy material might snag easily also.

If they are both going to be equally as delicate as each other I would go for the one you prefer and just try to be really careful with them. But if number 2 is more robst I would be tempted to go for that one, because, as you say, if it doesn't get ruined then it will be an heirloom and all the more special for having passed through the family.

Tough decision though! I hate making this kind of choice. Good luck with it and I hope its a magical gown and day!

They are both gorgeous, but I prefer number 1. Somehow it looks more heriloom-y (if that makes sense - LOL!!). They are both lovely, though and would be equally pretty for the baptism. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->