Which cloth/re-usable nappies and why?

beanzean

Mummy to Grace and Thomas
Reaction score
I am leaning towards using re-usable nappies but this is my first baby and after reading all the articles in magazines I am completely confused as to which ones are the easiest to use/comfiest/easiest to wash. I really don't know where to start. :blush:
I would love your recommendations and advice on different makes. How many do you think I will need if bubba is in them full time and how much should i set aside for them.

thanks.

I am leaning towards using re-usable nappies but this is my first baby and after reading all the articles in magazines I am completely confused as to which ones are the easiest to use/comfiest/easiest to wash.

There really isn't any one brand or even one type that is best. It will depend on what you want and what works for you and your LO.

I really don't know where to start. :blush:
I would love your recommendations and advice on different makes. How many do you think I will need if bubba is in them full time and how much should i set aside for them.

thanks.

:hugs:

I won't rehash what has already been covered. You may wish to look at these threads:

https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/214993-need-idiots-guide.html
https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/257444-0-potty-kits.html
https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/256373-get-started-cloth-little-one-9-months-old.html
https://www.babyandbump.com/natural...um-uses-cloth-nappies-diapers-28-6-5-7-a.html

Personally I use a two part system, tots bot bamboozles nappies and motherease or nature baby wraps.

From what I've picked up the main All in One (AIO) people use is Bumgenius v3.

All of them, I'd like to be able to say I've tried every nappy at least once so I guess more kids it is then :thumbup: :tease:

I'm in a right silly mood tonight, guess that's what half a glass of wine does when you haven't drunk in a long long long time.... lightweight I am :haha:

I'd say try out a few different types that way you find what suits baby and yourself.

I'm an itti bitti lover though :cloud9:

Personally I use a two part system, tots bot bamboozles nappies and motherease or nature baby wraps.

From what I've picked up the main All in One (AIO) people use is Bumgenius v3.

BumGenius V3 is a pocket, BumGenius do a sized AIO which also has a pocket for extra stuffing (I think?) and an Organic AIO with no pocket. :)

I have 15 and that is enough for full-time use now that my son is older. for a newborn you would need more but you could just buy 15 and fill in with disposables for the first couple of months if money it tight.

I personally like pocket nappies because they are easy to use (go on like a disposable) and dry fast because they come apart when you wash them. I like birth to potty diapers because you can use them without having to buy new ones in larger sizes as your baby grows. However, I have heard they are bulky on newborns (I didnt start using cloth until 3 months after my son was born).

I have Bum Genius 3.0, Wonderoos and Fuzzi Buns One Size and I have had good experiences with them all.

I would read up on the different types and buy a variety and see what suits you and your baby. Good luck.

In terms of cost the nappies I use are about £16 each, so you would need roughly £200 for a birth to potty kit.

I'd say look for bargains before you commit to any, I'm glad I did as I have some I prefer much more than others.

We have a bunch of different kinds and we use different ones depending on the situation. Some we liked better when he was smaller as well. Happy heinys pockets were the only ones that fit for a while.

Now I really like natural material fitteds with a cover for every day use. (Like kissaluvs cotton or bamboo) We use bamboozles for over night, and I have some AIOs and pockets (bungenius and fuzzibuns) for when we are out or if someone else is doing the changing since they are 1 step easy.
xx

theres no harm in preloved ones either.

check out the cloth swap/sell thread
or the classifieds on clothnappytree

always god for a bargain

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member