Which formula do you use?

I am combi-feeding LO and started with cow and gate, but she got constipated. Switched to aptamil and she is doing much better. HV did say that aptamil was one of the best

Wow looks like the Apatmils have it so far for the UK ladies. I was actually thinking of using SMA for the new baby, but only 1 vote......

Almost equal on the US formula side. xxx

Aptamil is a good formula for preventing constipation I would say, judging by what people say on forums and my own experience. I've used it with both my kiddies and have always had 2 runny poos a day, regular as clockwork (sorry if TMI!). Altogether though it's worth saying that all formulas are equal in terms of nutrition so whatever one you end up choosing or your little one gets on with best, your LO will thrive X

I started with cow and gate that's what we had at the hospital but lo was struggling in the evenings with a bit if colic, switched to SMA gold and she seems to be fine fingers crossed.

i have DS on similac sensitive ready to feed... hospital started us out on enfamil newborn but i made the switch to similac since they have bigger containers of ready to feed available at a local wholesale club... for some reason my doctor will not let me use powder until DS is at least 4 months, but i am sure using powder would cost me a lot less!

started with aptamil - horrible constipation! then c&g - constipation and winding issues. Now on hipp organic combiotic and life couldn't be better! no issues whatsoever! xx

started with aptamil - horrible constipation! then c&g - constipation and winding issues. Now on hipp organic combiotic and life couldn't be better! no issues whatsoever! xx

That's the first time Ive heard a parent say that Aptamil caused constipation in their lo, its normally quite the opposite! Just goes to show how the same formula can affect babies so differently, and it really is down to which one suits your baby as to which is best. xxx

my 2 have both used cow and gate

DD1 was on cow and gate hungry baby, then follow on, then 1-2, then 2-3
DD2 is currently on follow on milk after hungry baby and i intend to do the same with her as what i did DD1 :)

We currently use Karicare goats milk formula as it is supposed to be easier to digest than cows milk formula and we put a thickener made from carob bean gum in it to help with his reflux

Aptamil in the hospital and up to 2 weeks old BUT he was getting terrible stomach cramps so moved over to C&G comfort & DR Browns and bingo!

I started on SMA but it seemed to rich for my boys tummy so we swapped to Aptamil.

Aptamil 1st milk from the start, never any problems. Going onto Aptamil follow on after christmas

We're still figuring it out lol, but currently on Gerber Good Start Gentle. Started out on Enfamil Enfacare (for preemies) once bfing didn't work out but she was always VERY gassy and was having relfux symptoms so switched to Enfamil Gentlease. She was a little better on that, but after 2 weeks on it she was still having issues so decided to try the Good Start and see if that helps.

It's only day two so not sure yet (I feel like she has less gas but the reflux is maybe worse?), going to give it a full two to three weeks to see how she does and will most likely stick with it because this is my first choice of formula based on ingredients (first one is whey and the other brands it's corn syrup solids :p). Of course if she has worse problems we'll go back to the Enfamil Gentlease.

Aptamil as MW said closest to breast milk and best with dS1 so am using ti this time with ds2.

We started on Aptamil, then at 5 months we moved to the USA and changed to Similac as there's no Aptamil here, and recently we switch to a generic brand (Target) because financially things are a bit tight and it is soooooooo much less expensive and seems pretty much the exact same thing in terms of nutritional quality. Alexander is doing fine on it :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->