which hormones affect having no lining with pcos?

cbmd

one little boy - milo
Reaction score
hi ladies, im really aware that pcos is very different with everyone, i have no periods at all on my own, when i use provera to induce one i still only have a very small amount of bleed (enough to wipe on a tissue) and thats after months of not having one....my doctor said to me that pcos women have excessive estorgen and this builds up the lining,but i cant see how this can be true as i never obviously build a lining...so would i have a lack of estrogen? or could it be a combination of hormones being wrong? it took years to conceive my only child and of course if possible would like another.....i wonder whether any of you experienced pcos ladies knew?
ps im not overweight at all however i do struggle to keep my weight stable.

Hey,

I am not sure what the hormones would be that would cause that. Did your doctor not say anything about it? I wonder if that would affect your ability to ovulate?

I know I went nine months without having a period and when my doctor put me on provera my period was really, really, REALLY heavy. I am on metformin daily now and get my cycle regularly (although I still don’t ovulate). My periods are pretty normal now, but I usually don’t get it until day 34.

Sorry I can’t help you! I think that is something your doctor will have to help you with. Let me know what he or she says.

PS – I am not really over weight either, but I do have a pregnant looking stomach. It’s super hard to lose weight and I get really upset when friends who know I have PCOS tell me just to eat less and then I will lose weight. I actually stopped talking to one of my friends because she made me feel so bad about myself. She had no idea what my daily diet consisted of or what my portion sizes were, but she still kept telling me that I needed to eat less to lose weight.

It’s so hard to get people to understand!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->