Which is best?

DaniMoose

Reaction score
hiya ladies

With the many problems i have 'down there' i pretty much KNOW im gonna tear and i'm terrified of it :cry:

im 34w atm and have started taking 2 RLT a day and wanted to know whether evening primrose oil or starflower is best to use starting in a couple weeks if i cannot start now, as i wanna try and minimise the tear as much as possible. :sadangel:
I know seven seas does a combination but would it be safe?

Also is there anything else i can do to 'prepare' myself? :shrug:

Thanks in advance :D

Hi love, I havent heard that either helps with tearing... just that it prepares the uterus somehow... What you can do (not sure it works) is use olive oil to massage the perennium.

I hear the most important thing is to be as relaxed as possible (not easy I can imagine) and to tell the midwives to guide you for the pushing. Hot flannels when pushing as well.

x

hmm that is one of my problems, i can be the most relaxed person in the world but 'down there' won't change! i've even had to take diazepam to have a smear test!!

Maybe labour will change it but i still wanna try and do SOMETHING!!!

Ok, try the oil trick! :)

I'm sure when we are in labour it wont be that bad, we'll be consumed with the whole experience I think, my friends say they didn't notice the tearing until after. Its hard not to worry but try not to. I bought a hypnobirthing cd on amazon, maybe you could try that?

If it helps, I don't think you notice when you are pushing. I had a 1st degree tear with my 1st and a 2nd degree tear with my 2nd and i didn't know til after. I was asking them to cut me whilst pushing when before labour i was terrified of the thought! I think it's best to try and relax and don't panic over it, which is easier said than done. Also, i know women that have had 10lb plus babies and not a tear in sight:thumbup:

I have to agree that you wont be able to tell at the time, honestly! I could not have guessed until told after, I promise :hugs: I've had 4 kids x

I knew I was being cut. It wasn't so bad because it's such an experience in itself. It's not the tears I'd worry about lol. Your vagina is gonna feel stretched, painful, burning, and your butt is going to hurt too. At that point you are so close to delivery, or have even delivered by the time you realize it, that it's the last thing on your mind. Then the stitches aren't too bad because you're holding your baby :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->