Which is better for a girl

V

Viola Payne

If it's a boy we've already chosen Eli, which i LOVE

If it's a girl we're stuck between Delilah and Tallulah. I really like Delilah but i was raised Catholic and although i'm currently not practicing i am aware of the negative connotation. Then again, when i read the story of Samson and Delilah i realize that really she was just the first documented female spy, so part of me thinks that's kinda cool. Then again, Tallulah is very cool too. Thoughts?

The middle name if it's a girl will be Marie and if it's a boy it'll be Joseph as that's my family's naming tradition.

I personally prefer Delilah, it's cute and can be shortened to Lilah :)

I love them both! And they both work with Marie as a middle so no worries there :thumbup:

I wouldn't worry about the Delilah thing, very few people will make that connection these days. And if they do just tell them to be glad you didn't call her Tigerlily or something :haha:

I prefer Delilah. When i was at school there was a Delilah in my class for 2 years and I never made that connection.

I really like both. But i maybe sway more for Delilah, Lilah is one of my two names for a girl :thumbup:

I would strongly avoid Delilah if you're from a religious family and area as the connection will be made

My family is all "post-religious" and i definitely don't live in a religious place.

Thank you so much to everyone for helping me decide! I'll tell DH, i think he'll be happy because i think he likes Delilah better too. Thank you:haha:

I prefer Delilah. I'm a practising Catholic and would use the name.

Delilah is nicer than Tallulah. Consider that one day your child will be 30, would Tallulah suit her then?

Delilah. It only really makes me think of the song by the plain white t's. I really think Tallulah is a little girls name and way too frufru. I wouldn't ever use it because it's really almost not appropriate for a woman. That's just my opinion.

There both nice girly names by the time there 30 there probably be known as Lila or Lula x

I love, love Delilah. Was on my name list for both my girls :thumbup:

I think they are both really adorable names but I would also pick Delilah.

Delilah. I want to like Tallulah, but there's something about that "oo" sound...

I would use Delilah.

Lots of religious women from the Bible did bad things and people still name their daughters that. (Eve, Sarah, etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->