Which is worse: Episiotomy recovery or C section recovery?

Hey, I had episiotomy (for forceps) and emcs when they didnt work and alhtough i had no post birth complications i.e. infections, it was the c section that caused the pain/discomfort (episiotomy didnt even register in terms of pain/discomfot because of c/s). However, I would be with you in having a c/s this time (in your case) due to everything youve previously experienced and it being a twin birth! Me, I have yet to decide what im gonna do!!!
Good luck xxx

i bet recovery after c/s cannot be much worse that recovery i had after episiotomy

Agreed, not that I have had one or plan to but my mother had one with me and it got infected, she had forceps too, and although she could not feel a thing because of the epidural and pethadine combined stopping her feeling the forceps or cut but she was in so much pain afterward, I was not able to be fed for two weeks via the breast as mum was in too much pain and mentally stressed, she had bad PTSD from the delivery and begged for a C-section but it was the 80s so they just laughed.

My mother had two natural births after me and although the labours were quick it took her a month to recover from each because she had such bad piles and tearing. She still insists she should have had a C-section

After having her gall bladder removed and surgery on her stomach and bowel she said the recovery was much easier than that of the birth with me so yeah I would say a C section would be much easier to recover from that a BAD vaginal birth with episiotomy and forceps etc:cry:

let me tell you darling my full story about my episiotomy and why i have booked myself for elective c/s with my second child.with my first 1 i was in labour for 46 h i had epidural and in the end i almost lost my son coz he stuck in birth canal they perform forceps and vacuum and fucked up my hips for life as i was suffering on spd they cut me and i tear and that was when my epidural was wearing of so basically i felt everything and later at home stitches broke and i had to go bk to the hospital to repair also i had massive painful piles which still bothering me everytime i cough or bend over they popping out of my b...(sorry to much info)that was worst nightmare my son came out not breathing they had to do CPR on him for over 5 minutes(the longest 5 minutes in my life) has big scar on his head and he is 11 months old when he was pulled out we was so stressed out crying for week didnt want to eat being on pain relief since the minute he was born thats not fair on him.so im pregnant again now and this baby gonna be bigger than my son and the way i feel about vbac doesnt make me wimp im just scared and i dont want to go through this once again.thats what i said to my consultant and based on my past delivery he agreed on elective i know that recovery will be hard and i will have newborn and one year old boy to look after but recovery i had after vaginal was very hard and painful as well so im assuming it cant be much worse.good luck whatever you decide.:hugs:

OMG that sounds awful!!!! Fair enough wanting a C section. How big was your DS?
he was 7lb4oz

you poor woman :( that sounds horrendous

Oh my gosh! :shock: Im so sorry you & your LO went through this :hugs:

If im honest, I would opt for the csection, I think there would be a high risk of the same thing happening to you again ~ An elective csection is much better than an emergency & hopefully this time you can actually enjoy your babies births :baby::baby:

I had a chat to my MW and told her my plans for an elective, she was shocked and said if my babies were head down then I would be silly to go C section. Im just so confused at what to do!! This is my last chance at a normal vaginal delivery... But also it could all go so horribly wrong! :(

MW said lets just hope they are breech so the decision is out of my hands!

I had a chat to my MW and told her my plans for an elective, she was shocked and said if my babies were head down then I would be silly to go C section. Im just so confused at what to do!! This is my last chance at a normal vaginal delivery... But also it could all go so horribly wrong! :(

MW said lets just hope they are breech so the decision is out of my hands!

yeah and one of them very well could be :)

Hope you don't mind me resurrecting this thread. Just wondering if op had a csection and how the recovery was in comparison? :hugs:

Aww poor baby that looks sore.

I've had both and it's without a doubt the section. (for me)
The scar is alot bigger, alot more stiches and it's more painful imo.
it took me months to recover after my section.

with regards to sex the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->