Which pregnancy test?? Help please!

amtesta

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I am nearing the end of of my first TWW trying to concieve. This was my first cycle with femera due to have PCOS. This is the first regulated cycle that I've had in years, so I'm not sure exactly when I should be expecting AF, so I'd like to start testing soon. I ovulated on either the 5th or the 7th (FF keeps changing my O date), so I think I'm around 11dpo right now. I am planning on starting tomorrow.

Do you guys have any recommendations on which tests to use or which to avoid?? I have some wondfos, but i've heard mixed reviews about them.

I find all the cheapie strips a bad choice for if you're going to be testing early, they're pretty much all known for having evap lines which can sometimes cause you to get excited and then it turns out not to be correct. It's happened to me many times now so I steer clear. I do really like the one step midstream tests and I get 10 from ebay for £5.50. I find them really accurate and sensitive and I now prefer them over frer that are considerably expensive.

i was wondering the same. I am 14 dpo today and AF should be due soon.
I'd love to go and buy a test but since I don't have a driver's license yet the only place close to where I live would be 7/11.

But I am also too scared too test. I hate seeing just one line on the test :(

Me too!! I am so scared, not only that it will be a BFN, but also that I will be opening the door to never-ending POAS. I have a feeling that once I do it, I will be obsessed. What is usually too early for the cheapies? Should those be saved until AF is late?

I would say so, I found they don't starting giving an obvious line until after af has missed. Out of all the cheapies I'd say wondfo are the best, they seem to show progression faster. Only thing I can say is if you're testing before after is due take any really faint or barely there lines with a pinch of salt. I always test too early myself and I know how rubbish it is to constantly get your hopes up and then have them dashed x

When would be a good day to start testing? This being my first cycle on Femera, I don't have any idea when AF is due. I'm used to getting 2-3 periods a year, so I'm not sure what to expect. Is there a typical dpo to start testing?

Well they best to test after you've missed you period which I guess so would be around 15dpo as the average lp is 12-14 days. I don't know anyone who's actually ttc that waits that long. I normally start testing from 8dpo even though I know it's too early x

Haha I start with dollar tests at 5dpo cuz crazy. I don't have a favorite brand anymore. They have all screwed me over, even the name brands.

Thanks ladies!! Started testing this morning with my wondofo cheapies, and got an extremely clear, BFN. I guess I'll retest in a couple days. Thanks for all the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->