Which spelling of girls name do you prefer?

JustXstacy

Reaction score
Hey there, I'm really loving the name Raiya (Ray-a) but I don't want it to be pronounced incorrectly as Rye-a. So out of the following spellings do you think would be best:

Raiya
Raya
Raeya
Rayah

If you can think of any other ways, please let me know.

Thanks
Stacy x x

I think Raeya is the clearest indicator of pronunciation. And looks cute too!

Personally I think Raya is the best spelling of the bunch

I think Raiya would be mispronounced as Rye-ya
and Rayah in some places in the UK would be pronounced Ray-uh/Ray-oh

I think Raeya would be pronounced correctly, I just prefer a simpler spelling <3

Raeya

It's a unique spelling which I like and the pronounciation makes sense.

Hi, thank you for your replies girls. I'm so torn between Raya and Raeya if it's a girl. Ahhhh this baby naming lark if hard work lol X

I prefer Raya, I'm a fan of keeping things simple when it comes to spellings.

I would pronounce all of them the way you're intending at first glance, but I think Raiya has the most potential to cause mispronounciations.

Thanks Star. I think your right with the simpler spelling. Hubby is also leaning towards Raya. Hoping to find out the gender on Tuesday. If it's a boy then we have picked Ethan :blue: x

Raeya, like other girls said, it's spelled the way it sounds. I worry Raya will have people saying "Rah - yah" when pronouncing. :) Plus 'ae' is awesome. (Fae and Rae are my favorite examples.)

Raya if youre not wanting people to say the name wrong!

Thank you girls. We are actually having an early gender scan later on today so hoping we will know for sure.

I'm so excited I feel like a kid on Xmas eve lmao X

Congratulations!, Good luck finding a boy name <3

I personally don't like the "Raya" and "Rayah" spellings. Raiya is nice but as you said, people would probably pronounce it "Rye-a" so I would definitely go for Raeya!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->