Which white noise toy?

luci and bump

Proud mummy to Evelyn :)
Reaction score
We're looking into getting Evie a white noise toy, as the videos we've found on youtube really soothe her :)
I had a look on amazon today, and found Ewan the dream sheep, which I've heard mentioned a few times on here. I also found a teddy called Prince Lionheart. Does anyone have any reviews or advice on either one? Don't want to buy one and then realise the other would have been better!!

Hi

I have a prince lionheart and it's been great with my son for calming him down, not so much worked for sleep! There are different sounds. Waves, womb noise (used a lot in the early days), hair drier (i think or fan), music and you can record your own!
The little girl I look after has the sheep and it is lovely but the only problem is you can't wash it in the machine.

I took my lionheart one back - sound only on for 5 mins which isn't long enough, and meant to be triggered by sound or movement but it doesn't work very well

Love Ewan but he only plays for 20 mins. Want something that lasts all night!

I have a sleep sheep and actually its a bit lame - not loud enough when he's balls-out crying and you only have the choice of 25 or 45 min, neither of which is long enough! I got a HoMedics sound machine thats fairly small and lasts as long as you leave it on (also has a timer), and pretty much gets loud enough. Not a toy though, so may not be helpful :flower:

We bought a Slumber Bear but that only goes for 5 mins. The movement sensitivity is good (not sure what it would be like if the box is actually in the bear though). To be honest we don't use it at the moment because 5 mins is not long enough for LO so we're still using an app on our iphones which works a treat (you can set the time it plays for or leave it on continuous play which is ace). It's a bit of a pain having to sacrifice a phone though! We're planning to wean LO down to the point that 5 mins just to help him nod off will be enough but at the moment it's the phone.

I have the Prince Lionheart and I think its works great. 5 minutes is just long enough for us though considering it turns back on which loud sounds/movement; which works fine with us. If it went on for too long then it would be distracting for her. Mostly it just works to get to tune into it as opposed to whats going on in the house then shuts off when she starts to relax..

I have heard great thinks about the Sleep Sheep too though, I dont have one but I seriously considered ordering one!

I prefer the ones that will stay on all night if you want. I love my homedics white noise machine! Its got a little projector for the ceiling if you want to use that too.

Ewan is by far the best! We had prince lionheart for our ds and it was nowhere near as good as ewan which we have for our dd x x x

We have this one, the waterfall sound sounds just like radio static and we keep it on all night and at every nap:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HoMedics-SS-2000-Sound-Relaxation-Machine/dp/B0009Y2E42

We also use a Ewan the Dream Sheep because she really likes his big eyes and the soft pink light on his chest, but it only stays on for 20 min.

(Funny story about Ewan - I told my husband, it's Ewan, like Ewe, like a sheep. So Ewan - the dream sheep. The next day he's calling it 'Hamish'. I'm like, where's that from? He's says 'Ham, you know, like a pig. All I could remember was it was a Scottish name.' So now we call ours Hamish.)

We have one called Myhummy and it's absolutely brilliant! I think it's quite new. What's great about it is that it not only works but also looks great and you can put it in the washing machine (unlike Ewan the sheep!). Also, I love that it can play non stop for many, many hours (I think 12, but never had it on for that long, it's more than you'll ever need!). And it has a sensor that knows when the baby is waking, magic!

We have a Ewan, most of the time it doesn't do much but she does seem to quite like staring at the light, it doesn't put her to sleep but keeps her calm for a bit.

We have Ewan and it is absolutely invaluable. My DD rubs her face on him and goes to sleep with the white noise playing. The time it plays for is more than enough time for my daughter to fall asleep to. Couldn't recommend him enough. xxx

We have one called Myhummy and it's absolutely brilliant! I think it's quite new. What's great about it is that it not only works but also looks great and you can put it in the washing machine (unlike Ewan the sheep!). Also, I love that it can play non stop for many, many hours (I think 12, but never had it on for that long, it's more than you'll ever need!). And it has a sensor that knows when the baby is waking, magic!

I second Myhummy! Most of my friends have Ewan, but when I showed them myhummy they all wished they bought it instead :p Being able to put it in a machine is a massive plus, how can you clean it otherwise? In fact I saw mums on forums asking desperately how to clean ewan as it has electrics built in!

Eh, for me and my 3 week old daughter I just put Youtube on our TV and David Attenborough documentaries and she seems to calm so well with it. I don't mind it either, I think his voice is mesmerizing haha

We have 2 Ewan the sheeps my sons which he has had since he was newborn and still has it now and loves it (he turns it on himself now) and a new one for my daughter (her's plays a slightly different tune tho and we call her Suzy (added a little flower on her neck))
Yes they only play for 20min but I haven't found it needed to be longer for either of my two :shrug:

My son's sheep is 2 years old and still very clean I mean it is only used at bed time so not sure how it would get dirty :shrug: but I wipe it over periodically with a anti-bac wipe

I actually dread the day the sheep dies :wacko: especially as the new one does not play the same song!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->