Which would you believe?

divinelove

Reaction score
Hi Mummies

I had a early gender dna blood test with nimble diagnostics australia and it came back girl (95% sure apparently). A few days later my second Dna urine test from Easy DNA came back boy (99% sure apparently). But who can really know if their stats are legit.

Both have claimed they are right and said they will give me my money back if they're wrong.

What to believe?

Cant have my gender ultrasound for 7 weeks.

Has anyone tried either of these early Dna gender prediction tests?

Guess you won't know until your gender scan... One is obviously wrong lol

I am not familiar with either of these tests, BUT urine tests have zero scientific basis on gender. There is currently NO research proving that you can determine gender from a urine test. There is, however, research that proves that you can determine fetal sex through a blood sample of the mother. There are in fact first trimester screening blood tests offered (I took one yesterday) that detect chromosome abnormalities as well as gender. They are able to isolate fetal chromosomes in the mother's blood and determine if there is a Y chromosome. If no Y, then it's a girl. These are specific tests though, with clinical trials and they are not designed to detect gender, they are designed to detect chromosome abnormalities. It just so happens that if your test comes back normal, they also reveal the gender if you choose. Anyway, I would be much more apt to believe a blood test, BUT unless this test has any sort of clinical trials or research backing it up, not sure I would trust it either.

Thanks so much. Yes I think they are both probably a scam. It is so amazing how they quote their stats. The urine test said it was 99.9% accurate and when I contacted them directly she actually said 100% accurate. Even doctors do not claim 100% accuracy so that tells me it must be a scam. The blood test claims to be 95% accurate but I also think thats an exageration. Anyway guess I'll just have to find out at the scan in 6 weeks!

I wouldn't think either tests would be accurate at all, annoying that you will only get money back from one...or so they say.
Hope you didn't pay too much and that the next 7 weeks goes by fast for u

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->