Whipps Cross birthing centre?

summer rain

Mum of 5
Reaction score
I have just read Whipps Cross has a small birthing centre now; I was not told this by my GP in fact she said Whipps Cross don't deal with home or midwife-led births at all; meaning I have been travelling 40 minutes to king george for my scans etc, grr. Owing to parking issues at my current development which could mean that the midwives simply cannot park, worries about giving birth before the midwife's arrival and the fact Whipps Cross is really really near; I am going to ask my midwife (who seems to deal with both Whipps Cross and King George) about how feasible it is going to the centre at Whipps Cross? Also does anyone have experience of this particular birthing centre? What I have read is extremely favourable so far...?

just bumping this to know if you found out anything about this? x

Not usualy a poster. Whipps cross leytonstone have lavender ward (ithink it is) which is a relatively small part of the main maternity unit :)

I did find out about it but my midwife despite saying previously she does deal nwith women at whipps cross, said she doesn't deal with them so I had to go to KGH in the end (didn't get my homebirth either dsue to various reasons). Next time I will be booking with whipps cross from the beginning. xx

https://www.whippsx.nhs.uk/en/our-services/clinical/maternity.html

theres the hospital info with the phone numbers to call them directly to make enquires if anyone wanted to know

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->