Who are you having in the birthing room?

chelsealynnb

Wife & mommy <3
Reaction score
Who are you ladies having be present for the birth? With DS1 I was so young (16) that I had my mom in there, and let MIL in so she wouldn't feel left out. That all went fine. For DS2, I initially only wanted DH in there and let MIL, SIL and my mom in when I was laboring but when it came time to push I just didn't care about anything and let them stay last minute, which I regret. Both times I feel like they kind of 'took over' and DH was left standing in a corner because they were next to me and talking to me the whole time. MIL always reminds me about when I put my hand in her face and said "I've got this - could you please just stop talking now" :haha: So this time around I'm really excited to only have DH in there. I don't want anyone up at the hospital when I'm in labor, either. I've told MIL this several times and when she came over last week to visit the kids, she asked AGAIN "so are you sure Jason (DH) is going to be the only one in there when you have Lincoln?" YES LADY!! Gah! Wish she would just stop asking me!!

Just DH and the midwife hopefully, unless he can't make it in which case I will have either my bestie or mil.

xx

I'll be at home so DS might be there asleep or playing downstairs. It'll only be OH and midwives there otherwise. I only had OH for my first labour, just as well as I ended up with 2 midwives, a doctor and about 6 students. There wouldn't have been room for any more.

Hopefully dh but if he's away then probably my sister. I'd love it if mom was there but I want her to watch dd.

I'm having DH and my mum. Hubby can get squirmish at times at blood / body fluids and I don't want to rely on him if that suddenly happens in labor. My mum has always been my biggest cheerleader and nothing fazes her. She went with me to all my TTC appointments since DH had to travel a lot for work and was the best support ever.

Just me, husband, and the midwives. I had my mum at DD's birth two years ago, which was great, but she'll be looking after DD this time! I did consider inviting MIL, but I'm not sure what impact it might have on our relationship.

Oh, I should add that my mom moved to Australia a couple years ago, so she won't be able to attend the birth. But if she was here I would still want only DH in the room, something private for us to share. I'm excited to see how this will go with only him there, to me personally I think it will make it a better and more special experience for us <3

Hubby and a birth photographer. Had my sister last time too but she will be watching my lo.

I had everyone in during labor. I don't have the best relationship or good support from my mom, and I thought it would be rude if I choose my MIL over my mom, so I told everyone DH would be the only one when I deliver. Well I ended up with a c-section anyway so only DH was allowed.

Wow! I'm shocked by how many people each one of you have in your delivery room. I'm supeerrrrrrr conservative and only want my husband knowing what my veejay jay looks like, especially in stress, haha.

ONLY necessary people are allowed in my room. Husband all three times, NOBODY ELSE. Nopers. :nope:

I'd tell your MIL, "look, you've been to two of my deliveries, I just want this one to be an intimate experience between my hubby and I." Some people fail to show gratitude for the many other experiences you've shared with them.

Just my husband and I. Well and the doctor.

Our families live over 1000 miles away so they would never make it in time. When I do go into labor we will call my parents and just say "leave now". They are driving from NY to IA and will be here the next day.

I just hope my husband doesn't pass out or anything lol.

I'm considering a doula, but really unsure on that. I mostly think it would be good to have someone to spell DH if it's a long labor, and maybe take some photos or offer positioning advice. Otherwise, just DH, the midwife, and any necessary nurses. I really don't want friends or family there - it seems like a very private thing to both of us, and extra people will just stress us both out. DH is a vet tech, so he's used to witnessing and being covered in all kinds of grossness and bodily fluid, so I think he'll do well as a birth partner as long as he can handle seeing me in pain.

I do have a good friend "on call." If I need her, she'll come, but I'll be very surprised if I end up wanting her. Nobody is really comforting in the way DH is.

My SO and his mom. If my mom wasn't so far I would ask her. She is coming a month after baby is born. I know my hubby, he is a very non assertive, quiet person. He will go into silent mode and kind of stand by when a stranger is in the room. His mom is the exact opposite. I think with her there it will make my SO more comfortable. I don't expect her anywhere near my vagina, lol. I expect her at the head of the bed, holding my hand. She knows my limits. :) Now if hubby is that curious he can watch, but I am pretty sure it will traumatize him, hahaha.

everyone already knows its just going to be me and DH and the photographer in the room.

I think my mom and maybe MIL were kind of mad or upset when I first told them because they kept saying things like "wait until your in pain" or "i'll be in there" but they've been put in their spot and know they will be in the waiting area with everyone else until DH get them after shes here and I'm cleaned up. Even while i'm laboring it'll just be us in there.

DH aunt had the nerve to ask if she could be in the room?!? ummm if I'm not letting my own mother in there you really think I'm letting you in? then she says "what if I hide in the bathroom? :saywhat: who are you? NOOO!!

all i want there during labor/birth is my fiance and MAYBE my mom. im not a people person at all... im more of a loner so if i have lots of other people in there with me(not talking about doctors), ill feel very uncomfortable but more unhappy than anything about it. so many people want to be there though... his mom, my mom, maybe my big sister.. i may let them visit after the birth but definitely not during the birth/labor unless i end up changing my mindtrack out of some miracle.

I had my mam and DD's dad the first time. 2nd time was just me and hubs and will be next time too xx

When I had my son, all modesty went out the window. I'm assuming it's going to be the same this time around. My boyfriend will be there. My mom... Possibly my boyfriend's mom & sister too. The more support the better! :)

Last time, I only had DH and medical staff (although there were a tonne of them due to meconium in the amniotic fluid) in the room. This time besides DH, I have asked my sil who can't have her own kids so this will be her last chance to experience a birth. I have also asked my mom but they live an 11 hour drive away and don't plan on making the trip until things start so she might not make it in time. MIL will be coming to watch DD.

Im having my MIL and my husband. I need that female perspective/support. My hubby is great but not very good in these situations and it will be good for him to have a break if he needs it. I lost my mum last year and she would of been a birthing partner but I know she will be there watching over me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->