Who are you struggling to buy for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow Owl

Reaction score
We all have them!! Those that are near on impossible to buy for!

So who are you struggling with?

For me it's my brother, sister in law and 3 friends. Every year they are super tricky to buy for!!

My brother is a teacher, not hugely sentimental and has everything! Normally I just get him a DVD but this year he says he doesn't want anything. Yay!

My SIL very similar to my brother. She has very high class taste, lol. Loves branded stuff which is out of my price range!!

One set of friends who are both good earners so buy whatever they want. They are a young couple and got married this year.

Finally another female friend. Likes cooking / baking but I think she might have everything! Lol. Bought her own place this year (with her boyfriend) so now has a gorgeous house!

Help????

Oh my sis in law!! She is only 21 but has designer everything and wants for nothing! But she is so generous towards my children I have to get her something nice, but I just know she won't use it because I can't afford designer stuff either. I still haven't got a clue what to get her

For the one who enjoys baking, yesterday in a store called lakeland (not sure if they have a site) I saw some gorgeous things for icing. Like a silicone mat with lace patterns on that you use to make little lace icing to go on cakes and stuff like that. I didn't see the price but they were lovely.
The couple who just bought their home what about a yankee candle and holder?

I'm struggling for the men. Was going to do a hamper each but not got much budget now after a couple of unexpected bills. I'm taking DH shopping with me as they are from his side of the family (his dad, his brother, his nephew (19) )

The couple actually got married this year but have been living together for years!

I am struggling for my mum, don't have a clue what to get her. Was considering ugg slippers for £70 x

I'm struggling for my MIL & FIL !

MIL is very crafty as in knitting, crocheting and sewing and has collected a vast amount of materials and goodies over the years so didn't need any more stuff like that! She is also into spiritual things like "chakra" ( hope that's right)

FIL is into model railways and has been forbidden to add to his collection as he has already taken over the spare room for his model railway and we have been banned from buying him anymore mugs as he has an enormous coloection of those too!

Ohh here goes :rofl:

Mother in law, father in law, brother in law, sister in law, best friend :dohh:

My OH and in-laws. I am tearing my hair out trying to find things :haha:

pretty much everyone bar the kids!
my mum has said theres nothing she wants
my sister (+ partner) who i normally buy a bottle of something is pregnant
my nana lives hours away so i have no idea what she's into
FOB & his parents i dont know what they like and dont want to spend much!

My FIL, he is a nightmare to shop for. He has everything he needs/wants, and he doesn't get excited in the least about his presents. He likes to give, but he's a horrible receiver. He guesses what everything is before he even opens it, and then doesn't act like he cares too much about it. I know he does, he's just not great at getting presents, and when he does stuff like guessing it before he even opens it, the surprise is all gone and kind of deflates the excitement of watching him open it for the giver. I don't know what to get him. At all.

My dad is an absolute nightmare to buy for, he either says he doesn't want anything or doesn't know what he wants. He's more of a "it's the thought that counts" sort of person but I don't want to just pick up anything in case he doesn't like it, even though he wouldn't say that to me x

Cormack kids : My MIL is the same so we've had a photo of the kids turned into a cross stitch pattern! Also bought the right colours to go with it and the fabric and put together into a little kit. Would she like that?

My MIL and FIL are impossible to buy for. SIL loves Next so I tend to get her a voucher from there x

Every year, I feel like I end up with a theme. This year it's nice pajamas. I figure, no one ever buys themselves a nice pair, so I'll buy them for everybody. :) I'm also buying bags of Penzey's Hot Chocolate to go with the PJs--it's SO good (perhaps due to the high fat content they advertise on the bag?). ;) Last year, everyone got really nice lotions and bath stuff. Personally, I love anything consumable--nice coffee, tea, chocolate, wine, candles, so those are my defaults for the tough-to-buy-for folks.

My MIL is a nightmare to buy for. She's so picky but won't ask for anything and never gets excited about gifts so I never know if she likes what I've chosen or not. Usually I just go with chocolates, liquor or wine for her as those are the only things I know for sure that she'll use. But I feel like she might think I don't put a lot of thought into it because I'm always getting her these generic gifts.

My new BIL is also hard, he and my sister just got married this summer and I'm not sure what he even likes other than soccer and liquor and he typically buys things for himself so I have no idea if he already has what I might pick out. I'm thinking of maybe just getting a gift certificate to a restaurant for a date night for the two of them to share.

Cormack kids : My MIL is the same so we've had a photo of the kids turned into a cross stitch pattern! Also bought the right colours to go with it and the fabric and put together into a little kit. Would she like that?

Fab idea! I think she is starting to suffer from Carpole tunnel syndrome so not sure how she'll get on with the cross stitching! I may have to investigate this further mmmmmm!:thumbup:

I love baking and a nice cook book would always go down well and if u have bit more money u could get her a subscription to baking mag. I did that for my mam last year she loved it.

I'm stuck with my mother this year.

My nieces age 5 and 7 . They have everything ...

My dad. Who doesn't have any hobbies except watching tv. BUT DON'T BUY HIM DVDS. He doesn't have Time for dvds :dohh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back