Who are you taking to scan?

Kmx

Reaction score
My OH will be working abroad when I have my 12 weeks scan so my sister asked to go with me. I said yes but I also have another sister so I would like her to come to so she doesn't feel left out. I'm equally as close to both of them and love them so much.

Then for my 20 week scan I thiught I would like my mum and OH to come as I would also like my mum to experience it with me.

OHs parents have sadly passed away but he has one sister. I told her my plan for the scans at lunch today and OH commented later that I was rude and "nasty" for saying this to her as she would be offended she wasn't coming.

We have never been close and OH Isnt particularly close to her either but I definitely don't want to be viewed as rude or nasty. Now I feel like I can't have anyone at my scan as it will offend everyone but as OH is working abroad I will have to go to my 12 scan alone!

Who are you inviting and what would you do in my situation.

I could take my son who's 4 years old so I'm not alone but im not sure if he's even allowed. Plus I would have to let my sister down as she already thinks she's coming.

We are only allowed one person to come to the scan in the West Midlands so it will be my other half. If you are happy with your sisters going with you then take them. Like you say you haven't been close to your sis in law and your other half is away. Do what makes you happy since you are the one carrying the baby. Xxx

Only allowed one person here too, but if you're allowed more, it's up to you who you take for support, hubby should realise that

Just my husband! At my 2nd scan I might take my DD who is 14. I feel like she'll want to see it :) My boys (17, 5 and 3) probably wont care.

I would stick w/ your original plan. If you aren't close w/ his sister, then I doubt she would have thought anything about your not inviting her to a scan.

I'll be going to mine alone.

Our kiddos cant come with us so he has to stay home (or at least in the waiting area) to keep an eye on them.

Im hoping I can get my inlaws down to visit (were 9 hours away) around my 20 week U/S so that my husband can come with and they can watch the older kiddos but who knows.

I'm taking my mum to the 12 week scan as my husband will be away as well. To my 20 w scan will take my husband. With my last pregnancy with my daughter I took my sister to quite a few scans as I had lots of extra ones with her. He is close to his sister and so am I but I never invited her to a scan and he wouldn't have expected me to. To be fair if she had of asked I wouldn't have minded but it never came up. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->