Who can relate?

21yrsurvivor

Reaction score
First, I want to thank all the ladies on here for ALWAYS helping me settle my nerves from their experiences. I also want to thank those that notice I'm a frequent flyer on here and I am always posting a question and thatvyou don't say anything harsh to me, thank you:hugs: I need some encouragement.

So as many of you know I suffer from a terrible anxiety disorder and I freak out about everything. I keep have some weird things happen to me and I don't know if they are normal or troublesome. If anyone can help me and share if they have experienced these you would be helping me tremendously.

1. I'm ALWAYS checking the toilet and my toilet paper for spotting/bleeding and sometimes when I see a hint of orange I assume it's spotting mixed in with the urine.

2. I frequently have little chunks of what I assume is discharge to a yeast infection (I'm prone to them) but I also worry if its pieces of mucus plug.

3. I get a lot of pains in my pelvis and groin

4. Sometimes my chunky discharge has a faint pink look to it and that really worries me.

Anyone else been in the same boat or are currently having the same issues? I'm seriously always in a state of anxiety over the health of my baby. I had an ultrasound last Monday and the baby looks great and she even checked my cervix with a transvaginal ultrasound and said that my cervix is nice and long and closed. So why must I always worry? HELP!

Don't worry, I still check for spotting too. Though I've learned through all my pregnancies unless it's definitely red to not worry about it.
TMI, but I have stuff in my discharge all the time. It's usually yellow, brown, or vaguely pink. Are you itchy down there, and does the discharge smell? If not, it probably isn't a yeast infection. I get lots of chunky mucus all the time but I'm not worried because I used to have the exact same thing when I was pregnant with my daughter and I had no problems with preterm labor or anything.
Pains in the pelvis and groin are unfortunately part of pregnancy. Sometimes I have to sit down because it feels like my poor vulva is going to explode. And now I'm starting to get SPD again, so my pelvis is no better off! I also had sciatica with my son and oh boy am I glad I haven't had that issue with my more recent pregnancies.
Everything you're experiencing is totally normal, but I understand the anxiety completely. I have anxiety too and I'm always worrying about something or other. This is my third pregnancy in 3 years, though, so I've learned what to worry about and what is normal. Remember you can call your OB or midwife with any question and they will answer them for you. Hope this helps!

I'm very sorry you are suffering with so much anxiety. :hugs: I get anxious as well and it is very hard to feel understood sometimes. I haven't experienced the chunky discharge but the pains are normal. Your body is stretching and changing and gearing up for the big moment(birth) so a lot of weird feelings and pains can happen but you are totally normal. The discharge I can't help with but have you mentioned it to your Dr? If you are prone to yeast infections it does sound a bit like one.

Don't worry, I still check for spotting too. Though I've learned through all my pregnancies unless it's definitely red to not worry about it.
TMI, but I have stuff in my discharge all the time. It's usually yellow, brown, or vaguely pink. Are you itchy down there, and does the discharge smell? If not, it probably isn't a yeast infection. I get lots of chunky mucus all the time but I'm not worried because I used to have the exact same thing when I was pregnant with my daughter and I had no problems with preterm labor or anything.
Pains in the pelvis and groin are unfortunately part of pregnancy. Sometimes I have to sit down because it feels like my poor vulva is going to explode. And now I'm starting to get SPD again, so my pelvis is no better off! I also had sciatica with my son and oh boy am I glad I haven't had that issue with my more recent pregnancies.
Everything you're experiencing is totally normal, but I understand the anxiety completely. I have anxiety too and I'm always worrying about something or other. This is my third pregnancy in 3 years, though, so I've learned what to worry about and what is normal. Remember you can call your OB or midwife with any question and they will answer them for you. Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for the reply and taking time out of your busy schedule to help ease my anxiety. It's nice (well not nice exactly lol) to know that there are other women out there with the same worries as me. I worry a lot anyway, but I also worry more because I have been told I'm a high risk and withbthst label I freak out about every ache and pain and weird symptom that arises.

Other symptoms I have been having are where I feel like I have pee or something running down my legs and I start frantically patting myself down and there's nothing there, dry. I have so many things that I can't remember them all (I guess that's the pregnancy brain I've heard about LOL.)

Sometimes I do get an itch, but not often. Same thing with the smell. It definitely annoys me though because I can't tell if it's yeast discharge or mucus.

Thank you for letting me know these are normal symptoms :hugs:

I'm very sorry you are suffering with so much anxiety. :hugs: I get anxious as well and it is very hard to feel understood sometimes. I haven't experienced the chunky discharge but the pains are normal. Your body is stretching and changing and gearing up for the big moment(birth) so a lot of weird feelings and pains can happen but you are totally normal. The discharge I can't help with but have you mentioned it to your Dr? If you are prone to yeast infections it does sound a bit like one.

Thank you for taking the time to write :hugs: my anxiety is the worse it has ever been, and what is hard is trying to cope with it and not let it get the best of me. I'm glad to know the pins are normal. I suffer from a couple conditions that have my body in pain anyway so I have a terrible time distinguishing the difference between my conditions and pregnancy. Where I have gone wrong is reading all the negative posts and seeing those poor women out there have something bad happen to them. I keep thinking that it's going to happen to me too. So every time I get something that's out of my norm I go into an anxiety mode. I have mentioned it to me doctor and at the time I had a yeast infection but she was not at all helpful and left me hanging. The nurses where I go are terrible and harsh so I try not to talk to them. They are very good at belittling me. I changed doctors, and he is great, but it's his nurse and the RN that are very rude and yiubhave to go through them. I also see another doctor that's a high risk doctor and she is also amazing.

I just don't want to seem like the worst patient asking a thousand questions. Plus I have a terrible time explaining things at times (I have a cognitive disorder from a brain tumor I had) so sometimes I don't ask the question right or explain something wrong and the doctor takes it the wrong way and might take it more seriously than it needs to actually be.

I have had horrible anxiety my entire life, and with my first pregnancy I was just how you are. So, I completely understand. I recently started taking Zoloft, and it has seriously worked miracles. I don't freak out about anything.

In regards to the things you mentioned, I think all of them happen to most women, and worry most women. I always check the toilet paper, and honestly I think that is something you SHOULD do. Sometimes spotting doesn't show on panties, so it's good just to be on the look out. As you get further, you get more discharge. Anything that looks like a yeast infection, tell your midwife or doctor. They will check you, and figure it out. Anytime you have a vaginal exam, whether it is a speculum or at an ultrasound, expect a lot of discharge. The jelly that they use as a lubricant stays up there, and once it gets warm it turns to liquid, and then will come out feeling like your water broke. If you did lose your mucus plug, it is usually not a big deal. They regenerate. I lost mine like ten times my last pregnancy. I also lost a piece of mine at twenty weeks this time around, and everything was completely fine.

I think it would be helpful to talk to your midwife or doctor about all this. Do you feel comfortable talking to them, and do you trust them? My last pregnancy, I really did not feel comfortable talking to my provider or trust her, and it made my pregnancy awful. This time, I love my doctor, and I talk to her about everything. She even will give me her on call schedule so I can call her after hours if anything comes up. This has made this pregnancy AMAZING. That communication and trust is so very important.

Checking the loo roll is something i think we all carry on from the first trimester, it becomes a habbit as its a way to let us know that things are ok, we are always looking for the things we can see! I went to the loo in my grans and near fainted when i looked at the loo roll, turns out she bought loo roll with a flowery pattern on it, i wasnt ready for that at all lol

There are bad posts about pregnancy all around the interweb, even posts that are seen as good happy posts or stories can be scary as it starts off on "this bad thing happened but then golly gosh the dog saved the day" i tend to stay away from anything to do with pregnancy related stories because they are all about the exceptions, the one in a millions, no one reports that "Woman got pregnant and gave birth and there was no drama and everything was ok" because thats what normally happens but its not good enough for a story so they look for the drama filled ones, so i stay away, i will over think that bad bit more than is sensiable!

Its all about trying to focus on the positives, easier said than done but we will make it in the end!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->